Hi. I know there are a lot of threads about "cell standby drain" problems, but haven't really found an explanation or fix that fits me.
    I have WiFi OFF when the screen sleeps, no Wireless calling or other special carrier features, location OFF.
    But since Android 7 I keep seeing "Cell standby" as the highest consumer, always over 20%: see attachment 1.
    Doesn't seem to be a signal issue, I took a screen of that too: see attachment 2.

It's odd that a week ago I had the Wifi always ON and the usage was the same (so shutting down the Wifi didn't help much)
    The battery still lasts 2 days if I don't really use the phone, but I'm concerned about "Cell standby" especially when not using the phone.
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Is a "Cell standby" usage of over 20% too high?-screenshot_20161015-215536.jpg   Is a "Cell standby" usage of over 20% too high?-screenshot_20161015-215657.jpg  
    10-16-2016 01:16 AM
    It's all relative, this percentage thing. You basically have a phone. A phone is connected to a network and it's used to make calls and messages. All that internet stuff is peripheral to the devices primary purpose. The device is constantly checking in with the network and looking for the strongest cell tower in case you want to use it.. Sometimes, propagation (conditions) vary and you get tower one booming in, then an hour later it's changed and now tower two is the one with the strong signal. So 20% of two days use is not much to be honest. WiFi has zero impact on cell standby, it's a different use altogether. Also, the signal strength you see on the phone may not be the one you are connected to in any case, so that's no indicator at all. Don't stress, enjoy the excellent battery life and get on with your activities! Happy days!
    10-16-2016 01:32 AM