update 7.1.1

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Went and cleared Google now louncher data, and it worked. It all works now, but, I'll stick with nova as Google now L stll can't hide apps, nor make folders, unfortunately...
Thank you all.

Herman Kantz

May 10, 2016
Visit site
I bought a Nexus 5 shortly after they first came out and really liked everything about it, especially for its cost.
My wife wanted to upgrade her phone about the first of the year so I suggested she take a look at the Nexus 5.
She asked me to order her one so I did so in the first of February. However, when it came she revealed that she wanted to take my 5 and give me the 5X so we did that.
I really liked the 5x for the first several months. Battery life was great and the phone ran fairly cool.
However about two months ago it started going through the battery much faster and also started running much hotter.
Nothing had been changed but the 7.0 Nougat update.
I installed a few battery temp apps to check and they both showed that the battery was indeed running hot - 105F+.
It got so bad that I couldn't really use the phone as much as I wanted / needed to.
I did a chat with Google Support and after going through her check list she asked for info so she could send me a replacement phone.
When I questioned on its status, new or refurbished, she informed me that ANY Google device older than 15 days would be replaced with a refurbished device.
That is totally unacceptable to me so I elected to keep my "hot" 5X.
One day last week I installed the 7.1.1 Beta on the small probability that it might have some beneficial effect on the battery life / temp issue.
I really did not have much confidence that it would make a difference.
Boy, was I wrong!
Battery life is astounding now and the overheating issue is completely gone.
Amazing!
H K

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01