10-01-2017 08:52 AM
54 123
tools
    This is what's happening to me. Haven't looked into customer service yet since it's a month after warranty.

that's the power button problem. i had it in nexus 5 (d820). had to replace the power button to fix. that is a problem in lg phones.
    07-13-2017 03:48 AM
    Hey guys. I had the same issue this week and the only thing I thought it had to be was the battery needed replacing. I was right. Swapped them today and all is fine. I admit I didn't take care of it charging wise and that must of lead to its death. Froze randomly and only half booted again and again. Till it wouldn't charge or boot at all. It's easy and cheap to fix. Just need a screwdriver and be able to take the back off. YouTube it there's a few videos on it. The battery was only £10 but had to wait nearly a week to get here.
    It fixed it tho, guaranteed it's your battery. They aren't built to last forever. Especially when its charging/discharging incorrectly.
    😊
    08-16-2017 09:49 PM
    Good morning all!

A friend and have had the same happen to us and we have both had the same results and have been running fine ever since. So I'm on vacation and I plugged in my phone to the usb A to C cable (didn't have the USB C charger in the truck) go into the store to get a pack of butts and DOA when I come back 5 minutes later....can't boot to recovery or see it charge...nothing just a brick. Now mind you this happened to a friend as well, same exact thing. FYI both phones are LG Nexus 5X on Google Project Fi. I left the phones unplugged (this happened @5 pm) overnight til 8 am, as it turns out the battery is still draining even though you really only have a brick. DO NOT plug in your phone during this time, be patienX, the battery must bottom out. I touched the power button in the morning and saw a flashing red light at he bottom of the screen (the other 5X previously the red light was already blinking by that time). Immediately plugged in the power supply and started the phone. Battery is charging from DOA as we speak. No return or customer service headache so far even with the first 5X. I did survive with Google Hangouts in my down time taking calls and sms on my Chromebook (should work with any tablet or laptop) so it wasn't that painful. Hope this helps someone out!!
    08-18-2017 08:59 AM
    Good morning all!

A friend and have had the same happen to us and we have both had the same results and have been running fine ever since. So I'm on vacation and I plugged in my phone to the usb A to C cable (didn't have the USB C charger in the truck) go into the store to get a pack of butts and DOA when I come back 5 minutes later....can't boot to recovery or see it charge...nothing just a brick. Now mind you this happened to a friend as well, same exact thing. FYI both phones are LG Nexus 5X on Google Project Fi. I left the phones unplugged (this happened @5 pm) overnight til 8 am, as it turns out the battery is still draining even though you really only have a brick. DO NOT plug in your phone during this time, be patienX, the battery must bottom out. I touched the power button in the morning and saw a flashing red light at he bottom of the screen (the other 5X previously the red light was already blinking by that time). Immediately plugged in the power supply and started the phone. Battery is charging from DOA as we speak. No return or customer service headache so far even with the first 5X. I did survive with Google Hangouts in my down time taking calls and sms on my Chromebook (should work with any tablet or laptop) so it wasn't that painful. Hope this helps someone out!!
    This worked (somehow)! The same type of problem had happened to me 6 months ago and I sent in to LG and they replaced the motherboard. I was afraid I would have to do the same, but I let the phone sit overnight then hit the power button in the morning and saw the red light. Plugged in the charger and turned it on, working fine.

Does anyone know if this means the battery is on it's way out?
    10-01-2017 08:52 AM
54 123