pixel style home screen

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I am really indifferent to the round icons, but I do like the Pixel's Google search bar and the time/date/weather widget.

I am wondering if the Pixel style time/date/weather widget is available for the X5? I figured there must be something like this out there, but I've not found anything in this particular format.

Also, with using a stock launcher is it possible to change the search bar (I don't think it is...)?

Here is what I am talking about:app-shortcuts-1.jpg

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Action Launcher also gives a lot of the Pixel look and feel. To go full Pixel, you'll need a rooted and unlocked Nexus 5X to get there.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Nova launcher doesn't give the weather, just date - time.

Search for Pixel launcher apk and install that. I used it for a few days and it's smooth. I missed the functionality of Nova and hence went back to it

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Nova launcher doesn't give the weather, just date - time.

Search for Pixel launcher apk and install that. I used it for a few days and it's smooth. I missed the functionality of Nova and hence went back to it
Try this to enable the weather in the search bar. In Nova settings go to 'Labs' and switch 'Allow weather in search bar' on. Then go to desktop - search bar style and check 'weather'. If you don't have Labs enabled, open Nova settings and hold volume down for a couple of seconds.

The weather option can be a bit buggy on some devices, tell us if it works fine on yours.

krishnansasikumar

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Yes. I was using the Pixel launcher before Nova came with this update. Like it. I like the wallpapers as well. Sideloaded Pixel wallpapers

Attachments

• 33517.jpg
    33517.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 42

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Try this to enable the weather in the search bar. In Nova settings go to 'Labs' and switch 'Allow weather in search bar' on. Then go to desktop - search bar style and check 'weather'. If you don't have Labs enabled, open Nova settings and hold volume down for a couple of seconds.

The weather option can be a bit buggy on some devices, tell us if it works fine on yours.

Hi. Where is the 'Labs' option? Can't seem to find it in my Nova settings?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome