New beta update weirdness.

Nuuq

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hello,
I just got new 135mb beta update and while it was installing there came, for a few seconds, message saying THIS DEVICE IS CORRUPTED AND MIGHT NOT WORK PROPERLY.
After that was all fine. Anyone knows what that was all about. I'm unrooted. On stock.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Happened to me, too, but other than that message the install finished and it works fine. I tried it some last night and again this morning and have found no problems. I have noticed, duh, that before I could push the power button when I got up in the morning, release it and sit back while it booted. Now, I have to hold the power button for a couple of seconds. I release it when "Google" appears on the screen.

dby2011

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
That appears to be normal for the update. Many, including myself, have reported it on Reddit forums. Someone said that is now a normal thing that comes up if firmware is flashed.

vVick3d

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I got this too. Looks like just a glitch, but I'm so happy with this newest update. I'm back to how stable it was on MM. So happy!

NucleBAH

Oct 25, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I just got new 135mb beta update and while it was installing there came, for a few seconds, message saying THIS DEVICE IS CORRUPTED AND MIGHT NOT WORK PROPERLY.
After that was all fine. Anyone knows what that was all about. I'm unrooted. On stock.

I got it too. Freaked me out, but because it was a full update which overwrote the system (I think?) it should be fine

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I've used my phone a lot every day since the update and I've had zero problems. The only glitch has been the message that said there was a glitch.

anon(8627824)

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I did not get that message, and have been pleased with the updates until yesterday. I was out of the service area and noticed my WiFi calling hadn't kicked in. I moved the setting to WiFi preferred, and still got nothing. I thought .maybe a port was blocked on the WiFi connection or something... but I am back home and can confirm the phone will no longer establish WiFi calling (I'm on TMo).

Anyone else see that issue?

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
I did not get that message, and have been pleased with the updates until yesterday. I was out of the service area and noticed my WiFi calling hadn't kicked in. I moved the setting to WiFi preferred, and still got nothing. I thought .maybe a port was blocked on the WiFi connection or something... but I am back home and can confirm the phone will no longer establish WiFi calling (I'm on TMo).

Anyone else see that issue?

Oh Oh

I've used my phone a lot every day since the update and I've had zero problems. The only glitch has been the message that said there was a glitch.

Good to "hear".
Updating now.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz