Missing Moto X 2nd gen features

JasonH16

Nov 24, 2016
Visit site
Hello everyone, I’m a new owner of a Nexus 5X. My previous phones were a Moto X 2nd Gen and HTC One X. The phone is ok so far, but it’s missing a few features from my Moto X 2nd Gen, which is making the transition less smooth than I anticipated. I hadn’t planned to upgrade, as I rarely upgrade phones until necessary, but a bad drop forced the transition.

I chose this phone primarily because it was the near the same size as the Moto X 2nd gen. I use my phone one-handed frequently, and I carry it in my pocket, so I didn’t want the bulk of a phone with a larger display. I also didn’t want to spend more than absolutely necessary for the features I wanted, since I had just replaced the battery in my Moto X before the fall.

I wanted to inquire as to whether anyone has any fixes for the issue listed below:

(1) OK Google doesn’t work in battery saver mode. I’ve already configured it as not optimized in the settings, but it still won’t work in battery saver mode.
(2) Unable to change OK Google prompt. My previous prompt was Winter is Coming. Can this be changed with a third-party app?
(3) Display is not as sensitive as the Moto X display was. I miss being able to view the clock and notifications with a hand wave. Even bumping the phone would work better than what I’m experiencing now.
(4) I haven’t driven with the phone yet, but I use a holder so I can use the phone to navigate traffic. Is there a Google equivalent of Moto Driving mode that automatically detects when I’ve driving? If not, is there a way to add that functionality?

There are some pros:

Size
Reversible USB-C
Fingerprint sensor
Speedier than prior phone, especially with voice recognition

Overall, I think I'll adjust eventually, but having my missing features back will make it easier on me :) Thanks for any suggestions.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
(4) I haven’t driven with the phone yet, but I use a holder so I can use the phone to navigate traffic. Is there a Google equivalent of Moto Driving mode that automatically detects when I’ve driving? If not, is there a way to add that functionality?
I'm pretty sure it's not that intelligent, but Android Auto may give you some of the functions.