5x as secondary phone to IP7+.

anon(9708869)

Banned
Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone have a 5x as a secondary phone. I love Android and iOS and I want one of each, but I don't make an Android my primary because I have an iPhone 7 plus for work. Anyway, do you find it to be a pain switching platforms? I would switch to the Android on the weekends likely. Is the 5x a decent phone or does it feel and perform like a cheap phone ? Any disadvantage to it? Any pros and cons you can share would be great re: switching platforms and how the 5x is performance, battery and feel wise. Thanks!

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I don't currently, but I used a 5X as my work phone (second device) for about 8 months. It's a pretty awesome device, especially for the money. Performance is fantastic, battery is very respectable, build is plastic, so it does feel a little weird (light), but I've never had any build quality issues with it.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Same here... I have a 5X as my backup device, on it now for that matter. I don't mind the weight or build. It's a very easy phone to live with in that respect.

In terms of performance, I mean, you can tell it's a lower tier phone from the 6P I normally use, but it does pretty well for itself. The software issues it had early on are a thing of the past and it runs great.

Even at a year old, it's still a good phone to use and it's aging well as far as I'm concerned.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I hear that there have been bootlooping issues with this phone after 7.0 was installed. Any truth to this?

I haven't had that issue, but I have also heard that. One good thing about a Nexus is that you can recover from that fairly easily, but still must be super frustrating for folks with that issue.

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe I read that was a specific hardware issue with some of the devices. At this point I think they would have all been updated to 7.x.x so the bad ones should have been weeded out.

barotropic

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 5X is not my secondary phone, rather it's my alternate for my Lumia 950.

Both are similar in features and quality, and even share the same 808 SOC. But each OS has its strengths over the other.

So I put my SIM in the Lumia 950 for about a month until I can't stand the limited app selection in the Windows Store. Then I put it in the Nexus 5X for about a month until I can't stand the chaos of Android. Back and forth, it keeps life interesting.

I get the variety and reliability of two different phones and OS's for much less expense than my friends have paid for their single iphone!

Sent from mTalk

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I hear that there have been bootlooping issues with this phone after 7.0 was installed. Any truth to this?
I had that exact issue. Downloaded 7.1.1 and long story short it boot looped. Got it repaired under warranty though. Took two attempts though. It bricked after the first repair.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX