Has anyone tried Android 7.1.2 Beta for the Nexus 5X?

A

AC Question

I was thinking about it, but want to make sure no one has had any serious issues.

Don_Henry

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
I was thinking about it, but want to make sure no one has had any serious issues.

I have been running it on my 5X for 4 days now - no issues (except for the WiFi settings crash issue which is very minor) - and the fingerprint gesture for notifications is very nice!

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I had a problem with the Kindle app but it updated this morning and works fine now. Other than that, no problems. I don't play games or listen to music so I don't know about those.

It is a beta so I would want in on a work phone. I haven't had a problem but you could.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Mine is running fine so far with only one minor bug that a few users have seen. If you're in WiFi settings and click the gear icon the settings app will crash. I sent feedback about it. So far that's the only negative thing about the beta that I've encountered. The fingerprint swipe gesture to pull down the notification shade is nice. I just have to train myself to use it!

Last edited:

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I've been using it for about 4/5 days now. No major issues or updates tbh (except for the Nexus Imprint flick for notifications which is cool).