Can i enrol for Android beta in my nexus 5x without any issue?

A

AC Question

My Nexus 5x runs Android 7.1.1. If i enrol for 7.1.2 beta program will it cause problems in performance later? Or i lose my data if i go back to stable?

pazzo02

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Even if you enroll in the beta program, you are prompted when updates come out. You can choose whether or not you want to install, they will never install themselves. I usually wait a day or two and check the forums to see if people are reporting issues. If you do install and update and it screws something up, you will have to start from scratch after you reset. Also, I believe if you remove the device from the beta program it will factory reset back to the last official version.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
I have been running the beta without any issues. As mentioned be pazzo02 if you un-enroll from the beta program you will be rolled back to the last stable version which means a hard reset. The key word here is "stable". I have successfully un-enrolled without a reset after I updated to the official (stable) release.

non-vtec

Feb 22, 2017
Visit site
I had 7.1.2 and ran into problems with my banking app crashing all the time.

When trying to unenroll from the beta program you get prompted to downgrade to 7.1.1 but then it proceeds to wipe your device and delete everything.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
The current restore feature for Android works well. When I do a reset it restores my contacts, email, photos, and apps.

As for issues, I've had few with betas and they're minor, usually with my Kindle app, but I also don't run any games, social media, or apps for banking and so forth.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670