I have a Nexus 5x running Android 7.1.2 beta 2. I've been trying to access the System UI Tuner. I follow these instructions:
    "Pull down the notification shade on your phone, then open your Quick Settings menu."

"Tap and hold on the gear icon at the top of the screen for about five seconds."

All is fine up to this point. I pull down the notification shade. It says no notifications. I long press on the settings gear wheel for five seconds, ten seconds, and either nothing happens or I go to the settings menu.

"You’ll then see a message that says System UI Tuner has been added to Settings."

I don't see any such message.

"Open the Settings app on your phone and scroll to the bottom. There you’ll find System UI Tuner."

The bottom of my settings screen is still "About phone".

Am I doing something wrong?
    03-22-2017 10:09 AM
    As I understand it System UI Tuner is a Motorola only option.

It's rather lame anyway.
    03-22-2017 10:27 AM
    As I understand it System UI Tuner is a Motorola only option.

It's rather lame anyway.
    No it's part of Android. I have it on my 5X.
    03-22-2017 06:03 PM
    I have a Nexus 5x running Android 7.1.2 beta 2. I've been trying to access the System UI Tuner. I follow these instructions:
    "Pull down the notification shade on your phone, then open your Quick Settings menu."

"Tap and hold on the gear icon at the top of the screen for about five seconds."

All is fine up to this point. I pull down the notification shade. It says no notifications. I long press on the settings gear wheel for five seconds, ten seconds, and either nothing happens or I go to the settings menu.

"You’ll then see a message that says System UI Tuner has been added to Settings."

I don't see any such message.

"Open the Settings app on your phone and scroll to the bottom. There you’ll find System UI Tuner."

The bottom of my settings screen is still "About phone".

Am I doing something wrong?
    Have you played with the animation settings in developer options? I had this issue once as well and it turned out I had set all the animations to off and that was the problem. I re-enabled the animations, turned on System UI Tuner, the set them back to off. Worth a shot anyway.
    Javier P likes this.
    03-22-2017 06:07 PM
    The System UI tuner should be available on the Nexus. Do you have animations disabled in the developer options? The three values need to be set at 1x or 0.5x if you want to enable the UI tuner. Once enabled you can switch the animations off​ again.
    03-22-2017 06:11 PM
    Have you played with the animation settings in developer options? I had this issue once as well and it turned out I had set all the animations to off and that was the problem. I re-enabled the animations, turned on System UI Tuner, the set them back to off. Worth a shot anyway.
    Ooops. Badcat was quicker with the trigger. He replied while i was still typing.
    03-22-2017 06:15 PM
    Ooops. Badcat was quicker with the trigger. He replied while i was still typing.
    No worries! That will probably be the last time I'm quicker than anyone. 😀
    03-22-2017 06:19 PM
    Oops. Double post.
    03-22-2017 06:20 PM
    Silly question since some have already mentioned developer options, but have you enabled developer options?
    03-28-2017 03:44 PM
    Yes. The problem was the one mentioned by Javier. I enabled animations and the UI showed up on cue.
    03-28-2017 06:17 PM
    Yes. The problem was the one mentioned by Javier. I enabled animations and the UI showed up on cue.
    You mean me? 😀
    03-29-2017 04:16 PM