Problems with outgoing calls & text messages.

paul0451

May 3, 2017
Visit site
In the past few days I've been having problems making calls and sending text messages. When I dial nothing happens. I looks like its going to dial but fails. Text messages fail to send also. The only way I can get them to work is by restarting the phone. This is very annoying. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which carrier? Have you asked them if there are any network issues?

IntheATL

May 26, 2017
Visit site
I was having about this same problem. I was still able to send and receive texts. The strange way I finally fixed it was to turn Data Saver off. I feel like at some point Data Saver glitched and corrupted something and started blocking the wrong things. After turning it off and testing calling people, I then turned it back on and tested again. Turning it back on and it's still working, which is why I think something just glitched in the Data Saver setting.

I had tried restarting, shutting down and turning back on, resetting my cell network settings, and pulling the sim card out and putting back in. None of these worked for me, but the Data Saver thing did. Hope that helps you too.

Last edited: