Will a Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger work with an LG/Google Nexus 5x?

bugo348

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
I have an LG/Google Nexus 5x. I bought it used and it didn't come with the original charger. I bought both a wall charger and a car charger from ebay. Both were advertised as featuring "Adaptive Fast Charging". The wall charger is a Samsung EP-TA20JWE and the car charger is a Samsung EP-LN915U. Both chargers are 5V/2A. When I plug the Nexus into an older wall charger I have or my laptop the lock screen reads "charging slowly" but if I plug it into either the Samsung wall charger, the Samsung car charger or an older car charger I have it simply reads "charging". Does "charging" mean that it's fast charging? Or does it say "fast charging" or something along those lines when the fast charging is active? Why would it read "charging" when using the old car charger but "charging slowly" when using the old wall charger? It looks like it would say "charging slowly" when using the old car charger. What kind of cable do I need to use? The only two USB-C cables that I have are not labelled "fast charge". I ordered two 10 foot USB-C cables that are advertised as being "Fast Charging" that should arrive within the next day or two so hopefully I got the right ones. Will it charge faster if I use an LG OEM fast charge charger? How much faster will it charge? If the OEM charger isn't much faster than the Samsung charger I'll stick with what I have but if it's a lot faster I'll have to break down and buy new LG branded chargers for both home and in my car. I admit that I know very little about fast charging technology. Did I waste my money on the Samsung chargers and cables and do I need to purchase the OEM chargers to take full advantage of the fast charging capabilities of this phone?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It will charge it, but it'll be considered regular speed, which I think is what you're calling slow. To take advantage of fast charging on the 5x you'll want a charger that supports USB Type C Power delivery (PD) or QuickCharge 4.0.

bugo348

Jun 17, 2017
Visit site
Here are a couple of pictures. This is what I was talking about when I said "Charging" and "Charging slowly". Would it say "Charging rapidly" if I were using one of the fast chargers? Is the OEM Nexus 5x charger the only one that will fast charge the phone? What about a wall charger?

34941739563_bf7885979b_z.jpg
35363892230_a1a29b220b_z.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon