Nexus 5x Stuck in "Google" logo page.
    07-25-2017 06:47 AM
    Welcome to the forums. You can long press the power button to simulate a battery pull. If that doesn't work, I would recommend at least a cache clear in recovery, if not a reset.

Here is how to get into recovery: https://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...ml#post5892349
    07-25-2017 09:16 AM
    Sounds like it might be bootlooping. If you bought the phone from Google contact their support. If you purchased it somewhere besides Google contact LG support directly. LG repaired my bootlooping 5X free of charge.
    ElderHallow likes this.
    07-27-2017 03:53 PM
    Sounds like it might be bootlooping. If you bought the phone from Google contact their support. If you purchased it somewhere besides Google contact LG support directly. LG repaired my bootlooping 5X free of charge.
    What he said ๐Ÿ˜€
    anon(123856) likes this.
    07-31-2017 04:11 PM
    What he said ๐Ÿ˜€
    You already bought the "I bought an LG phone and all I got was this stupid bootloop" t shirt didn't you? ๐Ÿ˜
    ElderHallow likes this.
    08-02-2017 01:35 PM
    You already bought the "I bought an LG phone and all I got was this stupid bootloop" t shirt didn't you? ๐Ÿ˜
    I have to get me one of those ๐Ÿ˜‚
    anon(123856) likes this.
    08-02-2017 03:17 PM
    Nexus 5x Stuck in "Google" logo page.
    This exact thing happened to me on 7/25 as well. It booted once more, then back to bootloop. I managed to boot to recovery, cleared the cache, and it never booted again. Long story short, I called LG who informed me that I could send the phone back (on their supplied label) and as long as there wasn't any physical or water damage, they would replace it under warranty with a refurb (my phone is 18 months old). Call LG at 800.243.0000. Just give whatever response to get to a live agent--there's one set of responses that will give you instructions to go to lgmobilerepair.com--don't do this because you can't choose Nexus from the phone model menu. The live CSR will give you an return auth and email you a shipping label. One other thing is have your IMEI number handy--it's impossibly small on the inside of the SIM tray.
    anon(123856) likes this.
    08-03-2017 12:44 AM
    This exact thing happened to me on 7/25 as well. It booted once more, then back to bootloop. I managed to boot to recovery, cleared the cache, and it never booted again. Long story short, I called LG who informed me that I could send the phone back (on their supplied label) and as long as there wasn't any physical or water damage, they would replace it under warranty with a refurb (my phone is 18 months old). Call LG at 800.243.0000. Just give whatever response to get to a live agent--there's one set of responses that will give you instructions to go to lgmobilerepair.com--don't do this because you can't choose Nexus from the phone model menu. The live CSR will give you an return auth and email you a shipping label. One other thing is have your IMEI number handy--it's impossibly small on the inside of the SIM tray.
    I set up my return using the chat function. The rep asked me a couple of questions then issued an RMA. I think LG has seen enough bootlooping 5X's so they don't waste too much time issuing RMAs. Google jerked me around for a couple of days before telling to shove off.

To the OP. Yes have the IMEI number handy. And a copy of your purchase receipt.
    ElderHallow likes this.
    08-03-2017 06:58 AM
    My Nexus 5X got stuck in the boot loop as well 3 weeks ago. I was able to use Recovery Mode a few times and salvaged a small number of files before the phone died altogether. I got the phone through Google's Project Fi. They told me it was a known hardware issue and they replaced my out of warranty phone at no charge. It worked great until the 7.1.1 update. Now the replacement phone is alerting me to run the update. It's running very clunky since the update alerts started. I'm hesitant to run the update. Anyone else having issues?
    ElderHallow likes this.
    08-06-2017 08:05 PM
    Its hard to say. Some folks (like ElderHallow) have had multiple failures. My repaired phone ran terribly at first but I figured out that was due to the massive amounts of updates that were required and it settled down eventually.

My bootloop issue started not after I updated but when I tried to perform a hard reset, which I had done a couple of times previously without issue. I had just updated to Android O but the phone rebooted and worked fine after the update. I just thought that seeing as I had already backed up I'd do a quick reset.

Due to the fact that multiple occurrences are possible I've decided to relegate my 5X to spare/play phone.
    08-07-2017 08:06 AM