Should i return my nexus 5x?

A

AC Question

Hi everybody, I have a Nexus 5x that I bought about a year ago. I've heard a lot about the boot loop issue but luckily that hasn't happened to mine. Now I'm not sure what I should do with it. On one hand I want to keep it but on the other I feel like I should contact lg and see if I can get a refund even though it hasn't broken yet. If I even can get a refund, what are some good Android phones out there for less than $300? I don't really want to go apple and get an SE. Thanks. PS I bought my n5x on ebay

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
My experience echos ElderHallow's with the exception that I've had it happen just one time. If it bootloops then LG *should* repair it. For me the threat of a reoccurrence meant that my 5X is no longer my primary phone. I'm keeping it because I'm probably not going to get much for it and I can play with Android O. I love the Nexus experience but this will probably be my last Google device.

Last edited:

ElderHallow

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Seriously? All signs are that one of this year's two pixel models will be made by lg so I think that ship has sailed...
The 5X isn't the only LG phone that suffers these problems. Other models that have had the issue include G4, G5, V10 and V20.

I'm amazed Google is partnering with them again when there are blatant issues there that are affecting every day users.

Unless they've had a complete overhaul of the hardware that they're using.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz