5X Will Not Charge

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
14 month old 5X was working normally until a few days ago.

My wife told me that it seemed to be discharging faster than normal for a few days but yesterday it actually turned off on her a few times. And then, completely dead.

I connect it to a charger and briefly see the white battery charging icon (the big one, on the otherwise black screen) and then it may (or may not) flash the same icon for a second or two every ten or 15 seconds; with each flash, the vibration motor triggers for a split-second also.

But, it never charges. If I try to force it to power on with the charger connected, I see the Google logo for a split second as though it is going to boot and then it just goes black again.

I have tried multiple chargers and cables, including the original factory items. Left it plugged in overnight and still the same this morning.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
In the middle of a chat with Support right now. She said that, although the 5X is a few months out of warranty, she will "go ahead and escalate this case to get an exceptional replacement for you and I won't let you go unhappy from my end!"

So, we'll see what happens.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Experienced similar issue; seemed to be due to wear on charging port.

Interesting. I thought it might be related to the port.

I have to admit, I do miss the wireless charging capability of our previous Nexus models. Even if slower, it still had its benefits.

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I thought it might be related to the port.

I have to admit, I do miss the wireless charging capability of our previous Nexus models. Even if slower, it still had its benefits.
I used to love wireless charging when I used Windows Phones. Now that I'm on a S8 I started using it again. It's nowhere near as fast but if you're not in a hurry it is nice to just put your phone on the pad. If I'm in a hurry I'll use the charging port.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis