Pretty much. Got the 8.0 update yesterday morning (enjoyed the improvements), but the problem is that when I was driving to a meeting, my phone just suddenly stopped. Shut itself down.

I did a force reboot (power + volume down) and started it. The Google logo shows up for fifteen seconds, goes away, phone vibrates, Google logo shows again for 15 seconds, then shuts down itself. I left it alone for a while and once starting it did go to the four circles, then it freezes and it shuts itself down again. It does have charge, I checked. I even tried in fastboot but got no connection with my Mac through ADB for fastbook. I'll get to my Linux machine this afternoon in hopes to restore it.

On another side, it's two years old and it was about time for a new phone (upgrading to Pixel).
    08-23-2017 08:09 AM
    I would call and see if you can get a replacement even though out of warranty; you can always eBay it after you upgrade to the Pixel.

See this thread - I got a free replacement for my wife's out-of-warranty 5X just a few weeks ago: https://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...-new-post.html
    anon(123856) likes this.
    08-23-2017 08:46 AM
    I'm passed that. Been aware of the bricking issue so I'm upgrading anyway.
    08-23-2017 10:37 AM
    I'm passed that. Been aware of the bricking issue so I'm upgrading anyway.
    You might as well get it repaired or replaced though. I contacted LG's support site when my 5X bootlooped and they repaired at no cost to me. The whole thing only took about 10 days. Why not?
    N4Newbie and ElderHallow like this.
    08-31-2017 06:08 AM
    I got the update notice this morning and canceled it. Not taking a chance while I'm traveling overseas. I'd at least check with Google, always good to have a backup phone at least. I received a full refund for my out of warranty Nexus 4 when an update cause serious problems.
    09-01-2017 01:44 PM
    Because this is a known issue LG will repair it for you free of charge. You'll just need to send it to them.

Worth doing. You can keep the 5X as a spare then. Just in case.
    09-03-2017 04:41 AM
    I agree with sending it in for repair. My wife's 5X died so I sent it in. Only cost me for the shipping to LG. It's been repaired and is on its way back. Waiting for my 5X to die.

In the mean time, we got two unlocked Galaxy S8s to replace them. We're going on a trip soon and didn't want to take a chance of one or both dying while we're gone.
    anon(123856) likes this.
    09-04-2017 01:31 PM
    I agree with sending it in for repair. My wife's 5X died so I sent it in. Only cost me for the shipping to LG. It's been repaired and is on its way back. Waiting for my 5X to die.

In the mean time, we got two unlocked Galaxy S8s to replace them. We're going on a trip soon and didn't want to take a chance of one or both dying while we're gone.
    I had near miss with my 5X. It started whacking out on the last day of a vacation in Italy. Running it in safe mode got me home. I tried doing a hard reset when I got home and that's when it bootlooped. Luckily I had all my pics backed up. I'm on a new unlocked S8 now myself.
    09-04-2017 04:35 PM
    When the phone started boot looping, there were a bunch of pictures that hadn't been backed up yet. I put the phone the freezer for a couple of hours and then kept it between two bags of frozen vegetables while I got the pictures off over a USB cable. Crazy but it worked!
    anon(123856) likes this.
    09-04-2017 04:47 PM