Not getting latest security update.

jjfrost1960

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
I have been getting security updates on regular basis until September. Haven't gotten it. I try every day to see if available. Oreo, nothing on that.

anon(777192)

May 3, 2012
Visit site
I have been getting security updates on regular basis until September. Haven't gotten it. I try every day to see if available. Oreo, nothing on that.
T mobile users are having problems getting the update some say that removing the sim then doing the update.

October update is hitting the 5x now

Last edited:

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
T mobile users are having problems getting the update some say that removing the sim then doing the update.

October update is hitting the 5x now

Ugh - do you think that's the problem I'm having that I mentioned in an earlier thread:
https://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-5x/835210-ota-update-oreo-8-0-a.html

I guess I'm not against removing the SIM, although aren't there some subtle differences in the builds that are carrier specific? If I remove my SIM, how will the correct build be selected? Or is that not the case for the 5x?

ccrs8

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Here it is October 4th and still no security update. I'm on the Fi plan and got the phone through Google. No Oreo either.

Well, if you look at the list of Android updates available for the Nexus/Pixel devices, there are no September or October security updates for Android 7. You need to be on Oreo to get September and October security updates. Very frustrating indeed. I had a chat with Google support, specifically telling them that I was on Android 7.1.2 on Nexus 5x, that I got the phone straight from Google, that I had received all up previous updates in a rather timely manner (usually just a few days after release, even Android 7 itself, etc. The response:
"New system updates may take some time before they are available. Based on your carrier, it may take longer than two weeks after release to get an update. You will get a system notification on your device when the update is available."

So...not sure if she thought I was just talking about the October security updates (although I made clear I was talking about Oreo) or if she was just using a canned script, but it has now been almost 7 weeks since Oreo. Anyway, I'll just keep waiting. I don't even care about Oreo, but I do care about the security updates that I can't get because I'm not on Oreo.

jjfrost1960

Dec 18, 2016
Visit site
thanks for your reply, I guess I'm waiting for Oreo B4 September security update. I care about the Security updates also. OTA is the only way I get updates, not going to go to any procedures to get updates. No update till I get Oreo, I hope that comes soon.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance