Android Auto not detected after update

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Nexus 5X and I installed the latest November 5 security patch update. However after the update my car doesn't detect Android Auto on my phone at all. It used to work without any issues whatsoever earlier.

I've tried my friend's phone which is a Pixel 2 and it works flawlessly with my Car/cable. Even he has the November security path update.

I've tried the obvious fixes:
1. Clearing data/cache of Android Auto app.
2. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Android Auto app.
3. Checking permissions of the app.

If there anything else I can try before I resort to Factory Data reset.

Dt Tr

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
I'd like to second this. It happened with my 5x this morning. Installed the update last night, and now the car doesn't even detect it.

welshsteve7

Nov 16, 2017
Visit site
After some digging around I found that needed to enable Developer options again and enable USB debugging. Picked it up straight away when I just tested it.
This may be a workaround though as I am no expert

brauliomalm

Nov 18, 2017
Visit site
After some digging around I found that needed to enable Developer options again and enable USB debugging. Picked it up straight away when I just tested it.
This may be a workaround though as I am no expert

Same thing happened to me since the update I installed 2 days ago in my Nexus 5x. Really frustrating. Same cable I used till now, which worked perfectly so far. After the update, it just stopped working, just opens up in my phone instead. Will try out your workaround and see.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz