So I rooted my Nexus 5x yesterday using fastboot, twrp and supersu for android Oreo 8.0 and ever since then apps like YouTube, Google chrome and even the lock screen have led to the phone freezing and eventually crashing before reloading the android swiggly animation logo and then directing back to the lock screen.

The lock screen crash on particular meant I couldn't unlock the phone and even pressing the power button meant it would stay stuck on the lock screen but it would vibrate like norm when turn on / off.

Does anyone know what is going on and what I should do? Or should I simply step back and root the phone back to normal?
    04-05-2018 05:51 PM
    Unless there was some specific functionality that you could only get with root I'd suggest just reloading the latest stock software and avoid all of the hassles.
    If you really need root we'd need to know the exact steps you followed to get root. Please provide links to any tools you used; any scripts you may have used; etc.
    Golfdriver97 and Laura Knotek like this.
    04-06-2018 03:56 PM
    I would reflash the stock ROM. Let's get you up and running first, then figure out what went wrong.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-06-2018 04:05 PM
    it would appear I've found the problem causing the crashes. I had installed the f.lux app and ever since then it would cause the phone to hang and screen would freeze / cause a soft reboot. I uninstalled the app and the problem went away. I also looked up and found that a bunch of android users were also suffering from the app with the same problems: https://forum.justgetflux.com/topic/...h-android-o/28 It would seem after installing it works perfectly fine after this. The main specific functionality I wanted to get out of rooting was reducing number of adverts using adaway I also wish to view youtube without ads but I'll have to use this: https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...posed-0173683/ which of course require root.
    04-07-2018 07:25 AM