After 2 years N5x finally bootlooped, what use of it now?

Useracc123

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
Over the course of almost 2 years of owning it (I bought it in summer 2016) I did not have any major problems

I made a call, hung up and my phone froze. After a minute it rebooted by itself then then went into bootloop. Managed to wake him up shortly and activate OEM unlock.

I followed all the steps on XDA forums, unlocked my phone (which of course wiped everything), installed TWRP, however, when I wanted to instal OTA firmware and everything, I saw many errors of corruption on my screen on command prompt and on the phone's screen.

Other than that, n5x is in almost pristine condition, not a scratch, always had a case and screen protector from day 1. What should I do with it? Warranty is of course gone and everything. Is it possible to sell this phone?

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The phone won't have much resale value in current condition. You might want to contact LG customer service. There's a thread on xda with several posters claiming that LG was still offering to fix out of warranty Nexus 5x suffering from the bootloop issues.

Useracc123

Jun 19, 2018
Visit site
Didn't know this, thank you. Since I bought it from abroad basically, not sure about the country of origin, but it was new and full packed. Would it work from a country that wasn't in the list of countries that Nexus 5x were sold originally?

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
You have to send a copy of sales receipt showing IMEI and date of purchase. Beyond that, I can't say. The warranty had been extended to 30 months. I had mine fixed earlier this month, but I'm in US and purchased here.

consigliero

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
My nexus was not lucky phone, in December 2016 he had issue with battery, LG repaired this. Few days ago phone come on boot loop, until battery was empty. I found that there’s still warranty so today they pickup and we will see what they can do.

consigliero

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Today I got back my Nexus, now with new motherboard, and 2 years guarantee
a004a38d03fe4a2fff6fc03c7a1e567b.jpg