A couple of times a day my phone and my wife's phone (both Nexus 5x, with all updates, on AT&T) will not ring when we have an incoming call. Rebooting fixes the problem, but the problem recurs without warning some time later.

I have checked the APN settings. Both are "ATT Nextgenphone", and the settings within are the same as the settings I have found online for AT&T smartphones.

This did not happen for the first couple of years that we owned the phones. It just started a month or two ago, and it's very frustrating to miss important calls!

I would appreciate your advice!
    07-04-2018 06:12 PM
    Are you actually getting the calls? I mean, do they show up in the Recents tab of the Phone app? Are they shown as Missed Calls?
    If you check the Ringer volume after this happens is it still at the expected volume level?
    07-05-2018 02:37 PM
    Yes, the calls are coming in. If I happen to have the phone in my hand, I can feel it vibrating, and I can see my caller's info on the screen. If I don't notice the call, it is listed in the Recents tab as a missed call.

I have checked all of the volumes before and after having the problem, and all of them are maxed out. Still, the phone sometimes doesn't ring. I also changed the ring sound and then reverted to the original. There was no improvement.

Just this morning I booted my phone into Safe Mode. So far the phone has rung every time I received a call, but I'll need to go for at least a full day before I can say that has eliminated the problem. If so, I'll start disabling recently-added apps until I get rid of the problem. Grrrr...
    07-05-2018 03:03 PM
    I wonder what app(s) both you and your wife installed (or updated) about a month ago...
    07-06-2018 09:43 AM