I have a 1.0 amp adapter and micro USB cable in my car to charge my Note 3 and it charges quickly. But I noticed after 1/2 hr of charging my nexus 6, it only went up 3%and said it would be an hour and half to full charge.
    Any suggestions on a safe charger with higher output?

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-21-2014 09:21 AM
    agree with it
    11-21-2014 09:28 AM
    I have a 1.0 amp adapter and micro USB cable in my car to charge my Note 3 and it charges quickly. But I noticed after 1/2 hr of charging my nexus 6, it only went up 3%and said it would be an hour and half to full charge.

Anker® 24W 2-Port Rapid USB Car Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone, iPad Air 2, Samsung Galaxy, Nexus, HTC, Motorola, Nokia and More (Black)
    by Anker

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Dual-Por...cUvbUpU4072982
    Nchaka and JohnYx Sorilla like this.
    11-21-2014 09:33 AM

This is the only car charger I've seen using the same QualComm Quick Charge 2.0 tech (same as that of the AC adapter included with the N6). I'll definitely be getting one of these.

Product URL: Car Charger Lightning Cable-4.8 Amp High-Speed | Incipio
    Nchaka and Wingznut like this.
    11-21-2014 09:47 AM
    I have a similar Anker, and it charged it last night from ~50% to full in about 45 minutes. I think it's a 2.0 amp per port.
    Nchaka likes this.
    11-21-2014 10:52 AM
    This is the only car charger I've seen using the same QualComm Quick Charge 2.0 tech (same as that of the AC adapter included with the N6). I'll definitely be getting one of these.

Hmm, I'd like to see if they make a dual port one at some point. The Anker one posted above worked great for our previous phones and being able to charge both at the same times and quickly.
    11-21-2014 11:42 AM
    Hmm, I'd like to see if they make a dual port one at some point. The Anker one posted above worked great for our previous phones and being able to charge both at the same times and quickly.
    I've used a number of Anker products in the past, and never been disappointed - their 40w 5-way USB charging hub is amazing and has the same "PowerIQ" tech to make it charge properly with pretty much anything.

Perhaps if Qualcomm's proprietary QuickCharge starts to catch on a bit more (it's been present in a number of phones (even the Nexus 4 had "QuickCharge 1.0"), we'll see more options. Currently Incipio makes the only 12v charger I've seen.
    Nchaka likes this.
    11-21-2014 12:09 PM
    I tried a&t's charger which is 3.4 amp and it charged 30% in an hour.
    Thanks for the info I'm going to check them out.
    11-22-2014 10:09 AM

I ordered 1 from Amazon Thanks for the information.
    11-22-2014 11:07 AM
    I ordered 1 from Amazon Thanks for the information.
    Got one myself (link), with this cable. Works like a champ, charges just as ridiculously fast as the OEM wall charger.

Speaking of wall chargers, there's a variety of aftermarket Quick Charge 2.0 compliant wall chargers (like this one) out now too, typically running about $20 with shipping. I thought about getting one, but with the OEM charger at home and the car charger able to restore so much even on a short trip in the car, there's really not much need (unless I decide to pick one up to throw in my travel bag).
    12-09-2014 12:49 AM
    When I take trips with friends, we frequently share a dual port charger, so I'm waiting for a dual port QuickCharge as well. I'm sure it'll come sooner rather than later as the technology is moving quickly in that direction.
    12-09-2014 10:16 PM
    In less than a month or 2, there will be more choices available on amazon. QuickCharge 2.0 uses a new chip so most OEM manufacturers may need some time to produce such kind of product. And PowerIQ is actually using a chip from TI, it is actually a popularly used chip if check carefully on Amazon.
    12-13-2014 08:26 PM
    Any updates/reviews? I'm unable to find an OEM Motorola Quick Charge 2.0 car charger. I'm looking for a quality brand quick car charger and cable, like the idea of that coil cable too!

What about Puregear Quick Charge?

I may try this option as it has a built in USB cord: http://www.qmadix.com/vehicle-power-...ro-usb-vpc.asp

Found a listing of compatible chargers here: https://www.qualcomm.com/products/sn...n/quick-charge
    01-03-2015 09:31 PM
    After reading up on Qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0, I found this:

Thanks for the replies but I am talking about a non-standard cable., one that only supports charging, but I think I have an answer now.

I asked a cable vendor, PortaPow, and their response is:
    "Quick Charge 2.0 requires a charger designed to Qualcomm's specs and a sync+charge cable. A charge only cable such as this one will only work for charging at 5V."
    Link: Quickcharge 2.0 and charge-only cables | Nexus 6 | XDA Forums

Now I'm looking at these two options as a dual version from any brand is on pre-order.

Conclusion

Car charger-cable.jpg
    PortaPow 20AWG Fast Charge + Sync Micro USB Cable

Car charger-charger.png
    Puregear 2.4a Single Usb Extreme Car Charger (qualcomm Quick Charge 2.0)
    01-04-2015 07:43 PM
    I'm thinking about using the power converter and the wall charger for my note 3 in my van at work. But in all honesty,my charger pooped out the first night and I used my s3 charger and I can't tell the difference speed wise. I also used a 1 amp USB cigarette lighter one and it also charged well.

Sent from my most awsome note 3
    01-04-2015 09:01 PM
    Still waiting for the PortaPow cable, the Puregear charger arrived a few days ago. It has a soft rubber-like surface texture, it is also small doesn't protrude much from the charging socket. The OEM cable that comes with the Nexus 6 is a Fast Charge + Sync cable.
    01-19-2015 05:54 PM