03-02-2015 12:06 AM
27 12
tools
    So far, people's reports of tempered glass screen protectors for the Nexus 6 have indicated that they do not fit fully sealed on the Nexus 6 because of the slight curve of the screen at the edges. Has anyone come across one that does fit fully flush, and if so, could you post a link?
    11-29-2014 01:56 AM
    Installed bodyguardz from att and it fit really nice.
    Jeremy8000 likes this.
    11-29-2014 02:08 AM
    Installed bodyguardz from att and it fit really nice.
    Good to know - I see they're getting ready to launch an anti-glare/fingerprint version. If that fits well, and doesn't noticeably dim the screen, I may get that.
    11-29-2014 02:34 AM
    Yes mine doesn't sit flush at the edges lol

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-29-2014 02:37 AM
    Yes mine doesn't sit flush at the edges lol

What brand?

If people include the brand they tried along with if it sits flush or not, I'll keep the top post edited to keep track.
    11-29-2014 02:50 AM
    What brand?

If people include the brand they tried along with if it sits flush or not, I'll keep the top post edited to keep track.
    Bodyguardz

11-29-2014 02:54 AM
    Bodyguardz

Hmm... Then either there's variation in the SP's they've put out, and nkd got a newer 'fixed' edition, or s/he didn't find the edge separation noticeable...
    11-29-2014 02:56 AM
    Hmm... Then either there's variation in the SP's they've put out, and nkd got a newer 'fixed' edition, or s/he didn't find the edge separation noticeable...
    Not sure. But i will take it back and have them re apply a new one tomorrow. The manager told me if it doesn't fix itself in 2 days to bring it back and they will swap on another. After he puts a new one on I'll bring up the curved screen lol.

11-29-2014 03:50 AM
    Not sure. But i will take it back and have them re apply a new one tomorrow. The manager told me if it doesn't fix itself in 2 days to bring it back and they will swap on another. After he puts a new one on I'll bring up the curved screen lol.

If it's an issue of a newer batch having resolved the issue, the odds are that the inventory of the store you got yours from is still only comprised of SP's from that same batch. Let us know what happens though - I'm sure a lot of people will be looking for a properly fitting one.
    11-29-2014 01:44 PM
    mine is flush only place where it is'nt flush is the next to the top speaker grill but that doesn't bother me at all because its not on the screen. On the screen and edges I see no air inside and its as flush as it gets. Right next to the top speaker there is little air around the edge but like I said its no where near the screen and doesn't bother me at all.
    11-29-2014 11:49 PM
    Bodyguardz

Other users are also reporting that this is the only one that seems to fit well at this time, but at $40 or so, it is significantly costlier than other options. I'll wait another week to see if other brands get their act together.
    11-30-2014 10:00 PM
    I went ahead and pre-ordered the Pure Anti-glare Glass ScreenGuardz for Google Nexus 6, about $27.50 shipped under their BF special. I figure by the time they ship it, any fit issues should be resolved.

I've ordered a 'cheapie' (about $9, shipped, from Amazon Prime) to use for the moment. The phone will be going right in a case, so I can deal with the edge fit being a little off for a short while - I'm experienced enough with Murphy's Law to know I want something on it from day 1.
    12-01-2014 01:06 AM
    Other users are also reporting that this is the only one that seems to fit well at this time, but at $40 or so, it is significantly costlier than other options. I'll wait another week to see if other brands get their act together.
    Unbelievable that this doesn't bother you.

12-01-2014 06:11 AM
    Unbelievable that this doesn't bother you.
    Not sure I understood - what doesn't bother me? I just said that I'm going to wait to see if other brands get their products fixed before I spend $40 on the only one that reportedly works well as of now. What's so unbelievable in that?
    12-01-2014 01:09 PM
    Not sure I understood - what doesn't bother me? I just said that I'm going to wait to see if other brands get their products fixed before I spend $40 on the only one that reportedly works well as of now. What's so unbelievable in that?
    I think I responded to the wrong post LOL.

12-02-2014 12:28 PM
    LOL! You had me re-re-re-reading my post to see what I wrote
    TallyHo likes this.
    12-02-2014 01:01 PM
    I went ahead and pre-ordered the Pure Anti-glare Glass ScreenGuardz for Google Nexus 6, about $27.50 shipped under their BF special. I figure by the time they ship it, any fit issues should be resolved.

I've ordered a 'cheapie' (about $9, shipped, from Amazon Prime) to use for the moment. The phone will be going right in a case, so I can deal with the edge fit being a little off for a short while - I'm experienced enough with Murphy's Law to know I want something on it from day 1.
    Ok, so that inexpensive (can't really call the final result cheap - works too well!) Pleson protector that first came in was defective in that it blocked the proximity sensor, meaning that whenever you were on a call it acted as though the phone were by your face - meaning you couldn't tap any of the 'soft' buttons... like to use speaker phone, keypad, mute - or even simply hang up. The replacement they sent has the larger cutout which resolved that issue, and is actually quite good. Super smooth, 0 bubbles decent vs fingerprints, and leaves about a 1mm-1.5mm area at the sides, top, and bottom of the screen uncovered to avoid the issue of the glass lifting off of the curved edge. Just a tiny bit visible on the tips of the corners facing inward towards the bottom speakers, but far less noticeable in person than in the picture below. All in all, I'm very pleased with it, especially for only $9, but will be trying the one from Bodyguardz nonetheless.

PLESON® Premium Google Nexus 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    Google Nexus 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-pleson.jpg

Looks like Bodyguardz' definition of 'pre-order' isn't quite the same as Googles - it just came in today. It's a crazy day and night for me today (yet I find time to jump on the forum...) but I'll try to find a few minutes to install it and report back initial impressions.

Edit (a few minutes have passed). From a contents perspective, it was well packaged, but did not have the front 'cap' sheet on the glass as the instructions indicated it would (though it was in a sleeve within a sleeve within a shell within the box packaging, so well protected), and did not include a 'provided wet wipe,' but neither of those impacted installation. The Bodyguardz (this is the Pure Anti-Glare version) is almost identical in dimensions to the Pleson, and negates the edge lifting issue by leaving the same 1mm-1.5mm border uncovered. This actually works well for either if you plan on using it with a case. There were a couple of micro-bubbles after installation, but I anticipate those should dissolve within the next couple of days.

Anti-glare on this is phenomenal. Because it's done by a physical process to the glass rather than a chemical, it should never wear off. Pretty much impossible to have an issue with fingerprints as well. There may be a very tiny reduction in light passed through in comparison to the Pleson, but I can't say for certain, and in either case isn't cause for any concern. There is a drawback, though, to the Bodyguardz, and that is in very fine detail. Specifically, if you watch a lot of video on your device, it still looks phenomenal, but not as phenomenal as with a 'naked' screen or standard tempered glass protector. But if you spend much time in the sun... it's amazing.

Bodyguardz Pure Anti-glare Glass ScreenGuardz for Google Nexus 6
    Google Nexus 6 Tempered Glass Screen Protector-bodyguardz-antiglare-pure.jpg
    black1200 and AnnDroid like this.
    12-08-2014 10:05 AM
    OUCH! $44.95?? I'm far too chea...err thrifty for that. Ouch...
    12-08-2014 11:26 AM
    With a $700 device, it's worth putting more than a $0.99 film protector on it, but I agree there's got to be some limit... I picked it up on their Black Friday sale for considerably less. Still, you can use coupon code "geekster" for 20% off.
    AnnDroid likes this.
    12-08-2014 11:48 AM
    You know what me too...well at least now I am since I spent 45 dollars and it did not fit properly. Went to AT&T and returned the 45 dollar screen protector and got a 40 Case_Mate Folio case. Much happier now.
    12-08-2014 02:44 PM
    How's the folio case is it a good case I heard bad reviews about it

02-01-2015 07:08 AM
    How's the folio case is it a good case I heard bad reviews about it

The folio case is extremely well designed, but has one drawback and one production flaw.

The drawback is that the 'lid' would cover the camera if folded behind, so in order to shoot a picture or video you have to let it hang down or to the side.

The production flaw is that the edge of the lid begins to fray very quickly. The first one I picked up began to do so within a few days, and the replacement I was given within about a week - and this is with gentle use. Worth noting that these were certainly from the same production batch, that as available on first release, and that issue may have since been resolved.

Outside of those two caveats, it's a fantastic case.
    02-01-2015 08:49 PM
    You know what me too...well at least now I am since I spent 45 dollars and it did not fit properly. Went to AT&T and returned the 45 dollar screen protector and got a 40 Case_Mate Folio case. Much happier now.
    I just got bodyguarz glass screen from my local at&t and maybe they fix all the problem on the first batch ... Mine is perfect and no bubble so very happy with bodyguardz Glass screen..
    ChuckG73 likes this.
    02-07-2015 11:21 AM
    Any update to this? Just curious if some brands have changed. I don't mind it being smaller if it doesn't have a halo.

03-01-2015 05:54 PM
    Don't have any personal experience with these, but over at XDA many are of the opinion that the screen varies from one device to the next, so that some have more of a curve than others. Thus, a TGSP that may work on one person's phone may not work on another phone.
    reb0957 likes this.
    03-01-2015 08:21 PM
27 12