02-04-2016 06:05 PM
30 12
tools
    Replacement backs are now available http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=8IP6cimr use promo code XDALUV for a discount
    Slickwraps Leather Series (Black) skin-capture.jpg

Per this, the back with natural leather is 1.1mm thick. Given the back is listed at 0.28mm thick, in essence Slickwraps is stating that the natural leather skin is (1.1mm - 0.28mm) = 0.82mm thick, which equates to 0.032" thick. Twice what they continue to represent it as in the Q&A on the product page for the natural series skins (and still only 50% of the thickness of at least some of the skins they've shipped.

I don't doubt that the product will be of quality manufacture, but would advise anyone for whom thickness is a concern to consider awaiting actual feedback.

Weston
    Slickwraps
    Weston, I haven't received any response from you to the email I sent, nor has anyone else had their subsequent questions answered (at least directly in this thread), so am quoting you in the hopes you receive 'new reply' notification and can follow-up.

Lacking any response, and in light of Slickwraps' acknowledgement of discrepancy in spec implied by the above image, I can only continue to believe that the natural series leathers are indeed, as a rule, substantially thicker than (what continues to be) advertised on the product page. In the interest of properly serving your customers (not to mention putting an end to Slickwraps failure to comply with FTC truth-in-advertising laws) I suggest that you should strongly encourage your company to immediately ensure that reported specifications are both accurate and consistently represented across your advertising platforms.
    04-20-2015 10:21 AM
    Thank You!

Weston
    Slickwraps
    04-24-2015 10:12 PM
    Thank You!

Weston
    Slickwraps
    Weston,

While I never received a response to the email I sent per your request, I do see that the product page's Q&A no longer advises as to thickness. Thanks for addressing this. If you have a moment, I'm sure it would be appreciated if you would address the other questions and concerns some posters have raised.
    04-25-2015 12:18 AM
    My experience with this leather wrap was less than stellar. The wrap would move with very little effort and when I finally removed it, I got to see how little adhesive was actually on the wrap. It just peeled right off, was barely holding on. I have since ordered a dbrand wrap and couldn't be happier, this was likely my first and last slickwraps order
    Slickwrapsinc likes this.
    05-01-2015 09:51 AM
    I just want to echo this sentiment. I had a natural slickwrap on my HTC one m8 and it started peeling only 2 weeks after installation. While the quality of the leather was good, the quality of the adhesive they use is very poor.

I contacted warranty support and after a pretty lengthy email exchange they looked up my order # and said I had purchased it too long ago. Apparently, their warranty is only 30 days from purchase so they gave me a discount code so I can go waste another $20.

Definitely do not buy the leather slickwraps. What kind of company only expects their product to last 30 days from the day you order it?
    02-04-2016 06:05 PM
30 12