Domain is missing on exchange option of gmail in nexus 6. hence not able to configure mu official email.. anybody pls help
    04-19-2015 08:59 AM
    We need more details. Basic setup of an Exchange account should be automatic. Just enter the basic account information and server settings are detected and set.

Your domain is in your email address. Are you saying it is not offering a place to enter your address?

Is this an Exchange Active Sync (EAS) account?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    04-19-2015 10:14 AM
    We need more details. Basic setup of an Exchange account should be automatic. Just enter the basic account information and server settings are detected and set.

Your domain is in your email address. Are you saying it is not offering a place to enter your address?

Is this an Exchange Active Sync (EAS) account?

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.
    This post misinformed, misleading, distracting and basically 100% wrong. Correct information is now forthcoming, thanks to me.

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-16-2015 03:27 PM
    Domain is missing on exchange option of gmail in nexus 6. hence not able to configure mu official email.. anybody pls help
    Yes, "Domain" is missing.

To enter a non - default domain enter it before your username followed by "\" like this:

Username: domain\username

Posted via the Android Central App
    kct1975 likes this.
    05-16-2015 03:28 PM
    I have setup MS Exchange account on my Nexus 6 and it works. You miss somewhere in configuration. If still no luck try Nine - Exchange Outlook Mail. (Paid). I'm using it because on Lollipop MS Exchange goes to Gmail app. On Kitkat was seperate Mail app for other accounts.
    kct1975 likes this.
    05-21-2015 12:05 PM
    I have setup MS Exchange account on my Nexus 6 and it works. You miss somewhere in configuration. If still no luck try Nine - Exchange Outlook Mail. (Paid). I'm using it because on Lollipop MS Exchange goes to Gmail app. On Kitkat was seperate Mail app for other accounts.
    Actually, my work email doesn't use the address domain as the server domain.

As for Lollipop forcing everything to Gmail, personally I hate that Google decided to force all email to the Gmail app. Don't get me wrong, I love Gmail, but I like to keep all of my email accounts separate.

Personally for work email, I use TouchDown...
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....honey.nitroid

As for my other email, which is Hotmail, I happen to use the MS Outlook app.
    06-29-2015 06:07 PM