When I turned on my new nexus 6 it asked if I wanted to update. I clicked update then nothing happened. I tried factory resetting and taking my sim out but no update came. So I tried to flash it. I got the bootloader unlocked but I couldn't get to the point of flashing the update.

I don't feel comfortable doing this and decided just to ride with 5.1. My question is my bootloader is still unlocked, will this affect me getting and installing the ota?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2016 10:05 PM
    Unlocked bootloader will not have any effect on OTA updates as long as you haven't rooted your device. If you rooted the device, then you cannot get OTA updates unless you unroot.
    01-02-2016 10:08 PM
    Alright cool, did not root

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2016 11:07 PM
    I agree with Laura.
    Do note that you've already done the hard part - installing the drivers, installing fastboot, and unlocking the bootloader. Flashing the factory images is not that complex
    I understand that it seems daunting - but it not that complex (especially since you have the drivers and fastboot installed - that's the part that most people get stuck at)

If you ever decide to flash factory images, I'd suggest not relocking your bootloader after that - leave it unlocked.
    ddonahueiup likes this.
    01-19-2016 08:41 AM
    I kept my my bootloader unlocked. I might give it shot again in the future. (maybe when N is released) I just got the update today actually through an OTA , but as you said since I have the bootloader unlocked and got that part done, might as well try the whole thing some time.
    01-19-2016 08:18 PM
    I have had this phone for about a year and unlocked the bootloader and rooted it when I first got it. I couldn't get ota updates and so re-locked and un-rooted. I want to root the phone again so I can use ad blocking, add led notifications and reduce the vibration strength. If I unlock the bootloader and root I assume I can do this. If I then unroot it will I lose the led/vibration/ad blocking changes or will they remain? If I leave it rooted all the time can I just un-root do ota updates and then re-root? Thanks in advance.
    06-27-2016 05:30 AM