Cases for the Nexus 6P

stevenkelby

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the poetic revolution too as otterbox won't be making a case, for when I need heavy duty protection.

Poetic know what they're doing, I'm sure it'll be good when it's released in a couple weeks.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Spigen Rugged Armor and I love the thin profile. I also have the Diztronic and tend to stick with them but the Spigen this time around is top notch. Button press is slightly tighter and I love the carbon fiber design on the top and bottom.

madcrabs

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Finally got my case today. Took a little while, but the one I received has plenty of room for the usb-c cable. I like it. And there's enough of a lip in the front for a tempered glass screen protector.

My DBrand skin arrived the other day, so I put it on. After taking the Verus case off, the phone feels way smaller. Anyhow, I only ordered the back skin. There are also side and front skins available. It added some extra grip to the back of the phone and it fits like a glove. Not a lot of protection obviously but it's a nice way to change the phone cosmetically.

White skin, red camera skin, silver nexus logo.

Picture taken in low light with an S5.

Attachments

• 1448239869003.jpg
    1448239869003.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 88

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Nexus 6P Case Thin Fit – Spigen Inc.

I saw the video review of the Spigen Thin Fit case a couple days after I had already order mine from Spigen's website. After watching the video I was not too sure I ordered the right case. I could not have been more wrong to think that.

My review: When I opened the packaging my first thought was this is really thin. It's not a soft feeling case... it's a hard plastic, but it's not a slick feel. It fits very, very nicely on my 6P. To remove it, it takes some effort. I found if I start removing it from the upper left corner then down the left side it is the easiest way to remove it, and putting it back on it feels just as tight. The lip coming over the edge of the screen it small, but large enough to protect the screen when I lay it face down. I can plug in the charger or headphones in with out any issues.

Since I have only had the case about 24 hours now, I'm very impressed with the case. It feels really good in the pocket of my jeans, as well as in my workout shorts in the gym listening to music with my headphones.

I agree with your assessment ... I also have the Nexus microfiber case, which feels really nice and looks great. Not sure which I like better, and both are great cases.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
My DBrand skin arrived the other day, so I put it on. After taking the Verus case off, the phone feels way smaller. Anyhow, I only ordered the back skin. There are also side and front skins available. It added some extra grip to the back of the phone and it fits like a glove. Not a lot of protection obviously but it's a nice way to change the phone cosmetically.

White skin, red camera skin, silver nexus logo.

Picture taken in low light with an S5.

looks nice, though it's a little tough to see in the low light (too bad you couldn't take the picture wit a 6p)

I've never used a skin but might consider one in the future. is it completely smooth or can you tell there's a skin on it?

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I went for a Moko. I already know there's a contingent of people who will start decrying it as 'ugly'. It's rugged and doesn't interfere with my tempered glass protector. It also has a kickstand (which makes watching things on it very easy without needing to hold it) and a belt clip holster. And it was inexpensive. All in all, very happy with it, although some of the other cases do look nice; after my Spigen Note 4 case with a kickstand, I really enjoy having one.

Amazon.com: Nexus 6P Case - MoKo [Heavy Duty] Full Body Rugged Holster Cover with Swivel Belt Clip - Dual Layer Shock Resistant for Huawei Google Nexus 6P 5.7 Inch Smartphone 2015, BLACK: Cell Phones & Accessories

madcrabs

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
looks nice, though it's a little tough to see in the low light (too bad you couldn't take the picture wit a 6p)

I've never used a skin but might consider one in the future. is it completely smooth or can you tell there's a skin on it?

Completely smooth. I'd have to say it's lazer cut because it fits right to the edge if applied right. It's thin enough that you don't notice it.

The white portion is matte white and smooth. The red has sort of a crackled almost leathery look, but still feels smooth and is actually less grippy than the white portion.

The nexus logo is a cutout, so you can feel the letters, but you can get one without the text.

Picture quality probably could have been better, I was just excited to share, haha.

snoozing

May 7, 2013
Visit site
for those who have ordered the verus case, is it slippery in hand?

i like using one hand for my phones & would hate for it to fly out of my hands

Boltface

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
for those who have ordered the verus case, is it slippery in hand?

i like using one hand for my phones & would hate for it to fly out of my hands

Not slippery. I liked it but I switched over to the clear Red Shield. If you have a nice aluminium case why not show it off. If the Red Shield gets scratched up I'll go back to the Verus.

jdtemple

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
I pre-ordered the Spigen Nexus 6P Thin Fit case and a Spigen crystal screen protector back when I pre-ordered my phone. I had the Xtreme Guard screen protector and Adopted case from Google with my phone. The case was ok, but I'm not a fan of how it covers the side buttons. The screen protector was rendered worthless by the case, as the case would peel up the edges of the screen protector during installation. I figured the case was more important than the screen protector, so I went without the screen protector while I waited for the Spigen stuff to arrive.

I didn't like the Xtreme Guard screen protector even before ruining it with the Adopted case, because it is one of those softer cases that makes the screen feel, I don't know, squishy. You can dig a fingernail into it and it's tacky. It's not smooth feeling at all like a glass screen. It might protect the screen, but you give up a lot of screen feel in the process.

The Spigen crystal protector is what a screen protector should be. You can see the edges around the speaker ports and sensors, sure. But, to the touch, the screen protector is invisible. It feels like the glass screen.

The Spigen case is perfect for my needs. I don't need anything super protective. I want m phone to be protected from minor scuffs and drops, and I want to be able to put it down on various surfaces without worrying about beating it up. So, I like minimalist cases. Spigen hits the mark. If you liked the thin snap case for the original Nexus 5 from Google, this is its twin. All ports are nice and open, and the back has just a thin shell on it to let you lay it down on any surface, worry free. It should also protect against minor drops. If you aren't too hard on your phones and like your phone to feel like it should and less like a big rubber brick, this case is for you.

trap49

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I found the 6P to be very slippery, so I ordered the same Cruzerlite case that I had used on my Nexus 5. The shipping was delayed a couple of weeks, so I also ordered a case from Spigen for $3 more. As it turned out, I got the Spigen case within a week of getting my 6P, and the Cruzerlite arrived 2 days later. I had 2 exclusive days with the Spigen and then tried the Cruzerlite. I liked them both, it's just a personal preference. Here's a short video comparing them.
https://youtu.be/oPcL_Chp7dM

SeanJamesWright

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have the official Google nexus case which I like a lot but I love the way the Aluminium looks so I pulled the trigger on a clear frost Adopted case.

Posted via the Android Central App

Addie_Goodvibes

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
Received my Spigen Rugged armor case and it fits nice and snug and doesn't impede any of the functions of the 6P, the finger print scanner sits a little deeper but everything works fine..

I am surprised as a rugged armor case it is as thin as it is.. it gives a good grip and looks nice without adding too much bulk. It is almost like the Slim case with the added benefit of covering the glass next to the Camera.. cant really see much differences between rugged armor and slim fit, I do see there are cutouts for the buttons and ports and seems to give better access to buttons than the rugged armor. a trade off for the extra protection I guess..

Supa Mint

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
Just received my 3rd case (Lightning and Adopted, previously) - this time a Spigen Thin Fit. Definitely my favorite. Nice texture is somewhat non-slip. Coverage gap son the top and bottom, and around the corners are concerning. But its so nice to havea case that doesn't make the phone much bigger. I'm sticking with this one, and praying for no drops.

Also, it doesn't interfere with the Spigen Crystal TG screen protector.

flumdog

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Just received my 3rd case (Lightning and Adopted, previously) - this time a Spigen Thin Fit. Definitely my favorite. Nice texture is somewhat non-slip. Coverage gap son the top and bottom, and around the corners are concerning. But its so nice to havea case that doesn't make the phone much bigger. I'm sticking with this one, and praying for no drops.

Also, it doesn't interfere with the Spigen Crystal TG screen protector.

Ditto. I liked my other Spigen case but this one is sweet.

Redline503

Nov 24, 2015
Visit site
I have the Google Microfiber Case in black and I love it.. very unique. I even cancelled the Spigen Rugged Case that I ordered.

It has enough grip to handle the phone well and enough slip to insert/remove from your pocket without a problem. I was afraid that it would be too bulky, but it's slim and fits perfectly. Also, I use the 6P for watching quite a bit of videos.. so while holding it, the microfiber back is a nice "touch".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37