Clear Cases- Ringke & Spigen Ultra Hybrid

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Hello. Just got the Ringke clear case and wanted some feedback how it compares to the Spigen clear case for those who have both. Does the Spigen feel more durable/protective? I don't mind some bulk as long as the device is protected. Right now idk how the Ringke would handle drops... Even though I'm pretty careful with my devices. Any feedback on drop protection on the Spigen? I have 3 other cases- Candy Speck, iblason heavy duty case, and Supcase frost case, so I have different cases for different occasions. Now I'm looking for a clear, durable case. Any feedback is welcomed. Thanks!

Note- the reason I thought of using the Spigen for comparison is because the Spigen seems to be another popular case. As stated earlier, any other recommendations are welcomed.

*6P 64 gb Graphite (AT&T)*
*iPad Air 2 64 gb Space Gray (AT&T)*

Last edited:

66SMASHerG25

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I have the spigen, it came on my phone when I bought it used. It's a nice case and looks like it'll handle a drop. I bought a unicorn beetle case though as I wanted it to protect my phone while at work. I'll give you my clear case since it is just sitting on my dining room table and my wife wants it gone lol.

Posted via the Android Central App

RTD212

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
I have the Rinke crystal clear one and I love the feel. HOWEVER, after a 2-3 months it begins to turn yellow and does not look so good. I emailed the company and they said there is nothing they can do after 90 days. I'm going to try another brand

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
I have the Rinke crystal clear one and I love the feel. HOWEVER, after a 2-3 months it begins to turn yellow and does not look so good. I emailed the company and they said there is nothing they can do after 90 days. I'm going to try another brand

Yeah I've read the Amazon reviews about the Ringke case turning yellow.... but then again it's only a $12 case, but still. I got the one with the black/smoke edges. Where did yours turn yellow from? I wouldn't mind paying more money for a good quality clear case but there isn't any (or I haven't found any at least) for the 6P. My sister has the clear Speck Case for her iPhone 6 and it feels strong and sturdy. If Speck made a good clear case for the 6P I would get it.

terminator y2k

Nov 12, 2015
Visit site
Same happened to my Pleason clear case, only had it about 2-3 months and its turning yellow

Not cool for it to turn yellow that fast... I would understand maybe after a year or so... maybe, maybe 6 months... but 2-3 months is too fast.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I've got the clear Ringke case, came with my 6P

It's a bit cheap feeling IMO and wouldn't trust it to save the phone if dropped

I've the Black/Black Unicorn Beetle case landing with me tomorrow via AmazonUK

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I had the Ringke clear for 6 months, and liked the case well enough - and did feel it offered decent drop protection - but was very disappointed with the yellowing. I replaced it with the Spigen clear, and I think the case looks better - especially with the silver trim piece around the edge - and doesn't look as if it will turn yellow. But, there's one down-side in my opinion: it's not as grippy as the Ringke, and is actually pretty slick (but not in a good way). I've found I've actually had my phone slip out of my hand several times with it (never happened with the Ringke). Also, my dash mount clamps happen to hit the volume up button, which is really annoying. It was not an issue with the Ringke as it required more pressure to activate the volume controls, but the Spigen responds to a much lighter touch so it's constantly ramping the volume to the max (understanding that this isn't a problem with the case, per se, but the combination of the case and my dash mount). I like the case, but am already in the market for another alternative due to the slickness and the dash mount issues. Just my 2¢.

Last edited:

anotherlab

Mar 8, 2016
Visit site
I have the Spigen Ultra Hybrid and it has protected my phone from a few drops. It's been a few months and the case has not discolored at all. The only drawback is that the opening for the headphone jack is a little tight. The jack on my Audio-Technica ATH-M50x doesn't fit.

ChrisP1234

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
My Spigen Ultra Hybrid has started to turn yellow. Fortunately I've owned it for about 88 days so it's being refunded on warranty. Amazon have been pretty good in that respect.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech