Adopted Case

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I had a 6p before but it needed to be exchanged when they were first out and Google quoted me a turnaround time that was crazy. I had the Adopted case for it and just did a return. Bought a 6p when they came available and got a sweet deal with it both on sale and a free gift card but Best Buy doesn't carry the Adopted case. So I went with the Speck Candy shell and while it's sturdy and has great protection it really has to much grip for me and pulls my pockets out with it.

I didn't have the most experience with the Adopted but I really liked it a lot. Does anybody have a suggestion of a case similar that I should look at?

If you're an adopted user does it feel like it offers enough protection?

Posted via the Android Central App

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I actually just ordered one last night before any replies. I went with the straight black without the fur coat model. It's only 21.20 shipped due to Michigan online sales tax.

berj79

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. I actually just ordered one last night before any replies. I went with the straight black without the fur coat model. It's only 21.20 shipped due to Michigan online sales tax.

hows the case feel? does it feel like an adopted case?

Thanks.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I like it, has a great feel and is thin and doesn't add bulk. Best part is it doesn't pull my pockets out with the phone when I pull it out of my pocket.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's a Google product for the phone. It has a hole where the laser is. Great case, not a ton of protection so if you need more assurance that it will be the safest it can be than this isn't the case for you.

berj79

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Yes, it's a Google product for the phone. It has a hole where the laser is. Great case, not a ton of protection so if you need more assurance that it will be the safest it can be than this isn't the case for you.

Talking about the fake/replica version of the google case that people bought from ebay.

Thanks.

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I never ordered a case from China so I thought you were referring to the case I ordered. It's 20 bucks so it was worth it to me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Talking about the fake/replica version of the google case that people bought from ebay.

Thanks.

Do we know for sure those cases on eBay are fake? Since the authentic cases are almost certainly made in China to begin with, they might not technically be fake.

berj79

May 18, 2016
Visit site
Do we know for sure those cases on eBay are fake? Since the authentic cases are almost certainly made in China to begin with, they might not technically be fake.
good point but can we call them replica's as they have nexus branding on the back & i m sure they haven't paid for that ;-)
people online have said the ebay version to be bit different in fit & finish compare to the ones google store has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome