I had a 6p before but it needed to be exchanged when they were first out and Google quoted me a turnaround time that was crazy. I had the Adopted case for it and just did a return. Bought a 6p when they came available and got a sweet deal with it both on sale and a free gift card but Best Buy doesn't carry the Adopted case. So I went with the Speck Candy shell and while it's sturdy and has great protection it really has to much grip for me and pulls my pockets out with it.

I didn't have the most experience with the Adopted but I really liked it a lot. Does anybody have a suggestion of a case similar that I should look at?

If you're an adopted user does it feel like it offers enough protection?

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-23-2016 07:11 PM
    I don't have one, but thought you'd like to know that you can find a lot of those official cases through eBay sellers in China, for some reason (like this one: Google Genuine Official Bumper Soft TPU Flannel Cover Case for Nexus 5X 6P Black | eBay). They're significantly cheaper compared to the Google Store. I recall a past thread where someone ordered one and confirmed that it was the real deal.
    05-23-2016 11:25 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually just ordered one last night before any replies. I went with the straight black without the fur coat model. It's only 21.20 shipped due to Michigan online sales tax.

B. Diddy likes this.
    05-24-2016 06:41 AM
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually just ordered one last night before any replies. I went with the straight black without the fur coat model. It's only 21.20 shipped due to Michigan online sales tax.

hows the case feel? does it feel like an adopted case?

Thanks.
    05-26-2016 02:35 PM
    I like it, has a great feel and is thin and doesn't add bulk. Best part is it doesn't pull my pockets out with the phone when I pull it out of my pocket.

05-28-2016 08:53 PM
    I like it, has a great feel and is thin and doesn't add bulk. Best part is it doesn't pull my pockets out with the phone when I pull it out of my pocket.

nice, does the laser focus work?

Thanks.
    05-29-2016 03:17 AM
    Yes, it's a Google product for the phone. It has a hole where the laser is. Great case, not a ton of protection so if you need more assurance that it will be the safest it can be than this isn't the case for you.

05-29-2016 01:05 PM
    Yes, it's a Google product for the phone. It has a hole where the laser is. Great case, not a ton of protection so if you need more assurance that it will be the safest it can be than this isn't the case for you.

Talking about the fake/replica version of the google case that people bought from ebay.

Thanks.
    05-29-2016 01:07 PM
    I never ordered a case from China so I thought you were referring to the case I ordered. It's 20 bucks so it was worth it to me.

05-29-2016 01:15 PM
    Talking about the fake/replica version of the google case that people bought from ebay.

Thanks.
    Do we know for sure those cases on eBay are fake? Since the authentic cases are almost certainly made in China to begin with, they might not technically be fake.
    05-30-2016 03:03 PM
    Do we know for sure those cases on eBay are fake? Since the authentic cases are almost certainly made in China to begin with, they might not technically be fake.
    good point but can we call them replica's as they have nexus branding on the back & i m sure they haven't paid for that ;-)
    people online have said the ebay version to be bit different in fit & finish compare to the ones google store has.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    05-30-2016 04:35 PM