So I bought a nexus 6p today from someone on Craigslist, the phone works great but when I tried to go into the settings to update to nougat the "check for update" option wasn't there
    Turns out the phone had been rooted and is running on the "pure nexus" ROM (V. 6.0.1-20160709). Not having any experience on the subject I tried just doing a factory reset, but no luck.

How do I go about getting my 6P from "pure nexus" to standard android 7.0 nougat?

-thanks.
    09-24-2016 12:28 AM
    Fortunately, you have one of the easiest devices to do this with. The instructions are right on the page.

https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/images
    sfoLAX and anon(632115) like this.
    09-24-2016 07:48 AM
    So I bought a nexus 6p today from someone on Craigslist, the phone works great but when I tried to go into the settings to update to nougat the "check for update" option wasn't there
    Turns out the phone had been rooted and is running on the "pure nexus" ROM (V. 6.0.1-20160709). Not having any experience on the subject I tried just doing a factory reset, but no luck.

How do I go about getting my 6P from "pure nexus" to standard android 7.0 nougat?

-thanks.
    Welcome to Android Central!

Did you ever get it updated?
    09-28-2016 07:59 AM
    I don't mean to hyjack this thread but I have a question. I've got a device used in a beta testing for my company (U.S. wireless carrier). Because it was a beta device, it had an unlocked bootloader. Based on the link to the Nexus factory images, is it possible that with the Android studio tools installed, I can just start in fastboot, open a terminal and use "fastboot flashing lock" or "fastboot oem lock" to re-lock it? Would like to install my soft token again but it fails based on the unlocked bootloader.

Thanks
    09-29-2016 03:39 PM
    You can re-lock the bootloader (fastboot flashing lock), but know that doing so will factory reset the phone.
    10-01-2016 11:47 AM
    Thanks for the response - I went through Googles instructions (very simple) that Hallux linked tofor putting the latest factory image down and it addressed my issues with the soft token. I didn't check until I was done installing to see if locking the bootloader was part of that. Unfortunately it wasn't but with a factory image, the soft token works fine.
    10-03-2016 01:40 PM