As we all know, Huawei is known to be a proponent of FHD screens, while basically calling QHD "stupid". They're also known to put huge batteries in their phablet phones(in the 4,000 mAh range). This combo has yielded awesome battery life based on reviews I've read, at least of their Ascend line. It got me thinking, that if indeed Huawei is making the phablet Nexus with a QHD screen (Google's call, and against their better judgement), how will this affect the battery in the phone? I highly doubt they'd put in a 5,000 mAh battery to compensate for the increased resolution, much less that Google would even sign off on it. What does everyone think about the battery situation of the Nexus?

Posted via the Android Central App
    07-01-2015 11:39 PM
    I wouldn't be worried. People have chargers. People complain about any phone and its battery fact is nothing will be good enough for everyone. For me my nexus 5 lasts me all day.. For some they complain and moan.

Posted via Android Central App
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    07-09-2015 02:15 AM
    I wouldn't be worried. People have chargers. People complain about any phone and its battery fact is nothing will be good enough for everyone. For me my nexus 5 lasts me all day.. For some they complain and moan.

Posted via Android Central App
    Agreed. People need to stop worrying about batteries and whether they're going to last a year w/o being charged. Never going to happen. If your phone can get you through the day w/ heavy use so that you can charge it overnight, that should suffice. I know plenty of phones that are perfectly cable of doing that right now. The battery nazis are some of the worst people to have discussions w/ lol

EDIT: Combine the fact that quick charging capabilities exist and it shouldn't even be an issue. This Note 4 will easily last me all day but if for some reason it doesn't, I can fully charge it in almost less than an hour. People's expectations are just dumb when it comes to batteries. No other way to put it.
    anon(5506951) likes this.
    07-09-2015 11:18 AM
    Some of us Occasionally don't have access to charger for a couple of days. I bought an Amazon battery pack that will recharge both my phone and my golf gps. Or anything else with a USB. Removable batteries change size with each new device but the battery pack works on all. No more trouble to carry than the spare batteries.
    07-10-2015 11:00 AM
    I'm curious but don't explain if you don't feel like it but in this day and age, how do you not have access to chargers or areas in which you can charge your phone? If you're going out of town, you don't bring your charger w/ you? I've tried thinking of scenarios on where I wouldn't have access to a place to charge my phone but most are unrealistic (living in a submarine, going to outer space etc etc)
    07-13-2015 09:48 AM
    I'm curious but don't explain if you don't feel like it but in this day and age, how do you not have access to chargers or areas in which you can charge your phone? If you're going out of town, you don't bring your charger w/ you? I've tried thinking of scenarios on where I wouldn't have access to a place to charge my phone but most are unrealistic (living in a submarine, going to outer space etc etc)
    Camping, hiking, etc. The great outdoors. Literal reality instead of VR. Yes, I'm one of those who takes phone along on those forays.
    07-13-2015 12:33 PM
    Camping, hiking, etc. The great outdoors. Literal reality instead of VR. Yes, I'm one of those who takes phone along on those forays.
    So if you're going to a place that's off the grid and don't care to talk to anyone except those that are tangible, why not put your phone into a power saving mode where it'll last for days or even weeks? If I put my Note 4 in that mode, it'll last me two weeks on a full charge (or so it says). It seems to me that this would solve your problem.... unless you plan on hiking the Appalachian Trail for weeks on end then I don't know what to tell you lol
    07-13-2015 06:39 PM
    So if you're going to a place that's off the grid and don't care to talk to anyone except those that are tangible, why not put your phone into a power saving mode where it'll last for days or even weeks? If I put my Note 4 in that mode, it'll last me two weeks on a full charge (or so it says). It seems to me that this would solve your problem.... unless you plan on hiking the Appalachian Trail for weeks on end then I don't know what to tell you lol
    Yup, that would be another way. Anyway, the rechargeable power pack works well for me.
    GPS and Trail maps are very handy to use.
    07-13-2015 07:01 PM
    I will be happy with a phone that lasts all day when I use it for 8+ hours.
    07-14-2015 07:47 AM
    Yup, that would be another way. Anyway, the rechargeable power pack works well for me.
    GPS and Trail maps are very handy to use.
    I was thinking the same thing. I have two portable chargers that I never really need to take w/ me any more these days. When I was in Vegas last, it would've helped but there's outlets everywhere. I think phone batteries are perfectly fine w/ where they're at now. Maybe it's just a personal thing but I feel it's a logical thought.
    07-14-2015 09:10 AM
    I would easily trade a few more mm phone thickness and a lower resolution screen for a battery large enough to get me through a day of power use. Yes I can recharge most afternoons but don't want the hassle. 4000 mah should be the standard. I don't give a squat if anyone thinks I'm a whiner either.

07-16-2015 11:40 PM
    I would easily trade a few more mm phone thickness and a lower resolution screen for a battery large enough to get me through a day of power use. Yes I can recharge most afternoons but don't want the hassle. 4000 mah should be the standard. I don't give a squat if anyone thinks I'm a whiner either.

Totally agree with you. If the upcoming Z5 can house a 4,500 mAh batttery to power it and its skin, there's no reason why the stock phablet can't have 4,000 mAh powering it. I hope Google doesn't skimp out on the most important component of the phone as a "cost-saving measure".

07-17-2015 05:09 AM
    I was just telling a guy who works for a VZW certified dealer that on Lollipop my DROID Turbo lasts over 2 days on a charge. He looked at me like I was crazy or lying but it does. Plus it charges so fast its not even an issue. I'm not bragging, just saying, its really amazing. Best phone battery I've ever had.

Sent from my DROID Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...
    07-17-2015 08:03 AM

totally agree

07-20-2015 08:10 AM
    I was just telling a guy who works for a VZW certified dealer that on Lollipop my DROID Turbo lasts over 2 days on a charge. He looked at me like I was crazy or lying but it does. Plus it charges so fast its not even an issue. I'm not bragging, just saying, its really amazing. Best phone battery I've ever had.

Sent from my DROID Turbo (Breaking the Speed Limit of the Internet)...
    I love my turbo and certainly dont complain about the battery life. Could you imagine how much better it would have been w a 1080 screen instead of a quadhd screen? Dont get me wrong i love the screen but 1080 is certainly enough for a 5.2 inch screen!

07-25-2015 11:05 AM
    I love my turbo and certainly dont complain about the battery life. Could you imagine how much better it would have been w a 1080 screen instead of a quadhd screen? Dont get me wrong i love the screen but 1080 is certainly enough for a 5.2 inch screen!

Hmm...

I like the S6 with QHD... To be honest, after using QHD I can't go back to any other resolution below it. I just love the native render of the fonts/interface itself on QHD (but then again I'm a designer and typography crazy)
    07-28-2015 10:52 AM