If you're getting the 6P -- Why (or why not)?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Who's getting the 6p?

Sony's moving ever closer to pure Android with every passing year. The Z5's come with a very stock-like UI. I took a look at my younger brother's new Sony Xperia E4 the other day and loved seeing so many customisable battery saving features baked into the OS. Now that the Google Now Launcher is available on virtually any and every phone, there's not much keeping me tethered to the Nexus lineup. I've come to realise that most of the features in Marshmallow I'm looking forward to the most are features that are already baked into other OEM's custom UI's. Marshmallow is just Google playing catch up and fixing bugs (both very important nonetheless). As long as it stays faithful to Material Design and doesn't impact performance I've decided that I'm OK with a custom non-AOSP ROM. Sony also has a great track record with updates for the Z series, better than any other OEM, bar Motorola and the Nexus lineup.

Every review so far has said that Z5 Compact has great battery life, so I'm pretty hyped :)

I'm interested to hear about it too! I agree that all the current flagships are too large. At least for me.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

just curious, do u use a case? aesthetics almost never is the deciding factor for me personally, and I'd think a case, or the black version would make it less noticeable.

I'm past caring what the camera bump looks like. My point is that that camera bump is going to have to house something mighty special to get me to buy a 6P. If there's just a flagship-grade camera + flash in there, then I don't need a 6P.

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

I might if my carrier gets it though. This will be great for Huawei if the price is fair. Wireless charging and quick charging are musts. But for me the battery life must be A+. 5h of sot minimum and full charge in 90min from 0 to 100.
On and those front facing speakers better be good.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

I might if my carrier gets it though. This will be great for Huawei if the price is fair. Wireless charging and quick charging are musts. But for me the battery life must be A+. 5h of sot minimum and full charge in 90min from 0 to 100.

You aren't going to get wireless charging on a metal body until 2016.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

I just hate the fact that Google didn't at least let Huawei do its thing with regards to the size of the battery. With that hump, I'd think they could've fit 4,000 mAh, or at least the size of the Moto X Play.

Posted via the Android Central App

You know that's not how engineering works right?

Moto XPE

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

Hi guys can I just ask are Huawei a decent make as (don't laugh) but I hadn't heard of them before and at present I have a Sony Xperia Z3 which is nice but for me Sony phones are far too square in shape and extremely uncomfortable in your jeans pocket, I really want a bigger screen and it is a choice between the Moto X Style or possibly the Nexus 6 but it comes down to cost as well as I buy my phones unlocked and don't like paying too much for one as the deals on the current Nexus 6 are tempting as I can pick one up for £300 but I have read reviews that say the screen can get burn in and the display colours aren't that brilliant so I have no idea what to do :)

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

the 6p most likely won't have wireless charging

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I just hate the fact that Google didn't at least let Huawei do its thing with regards to the size of the battery. With that hump, I'd think they could've fit 4,000 mAh, or at least the size of the Moto X Play.

I'm not sure I know what you mean. we've already established the hump isn't much of a hump, and the battery isn't even housed there so one has nothing to do with the other.

if you want a thicker phone and bigger battery, that makes sense, but bringing up the hump (or lack there of) just doesn't make sense.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I'm past caring what the camera bump looks like. My point is that that camera bump is going to have to house something mighty special to get me to buy a 6P. If there's just a flagship-grade camera + flash in there, then I don't need a 6P.

you hope it houses "something mighty special?" like what, a unicorn? this has to be the silliest reason not to be interested in a phone that I've ever heard. I mean, let's try and at least be a little reasonable.

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

you hope it houses "something mighty special?" like what, a unicorn? this has to be the silliest reason not to be interested in a phone that I've ever heard. I mean, let's try and at least be a little reasonable.

LOL, that was funny. Looking at the slides from yesterday, though, I wouldn't even call it a "hump" at this point. It's just slightly raised. I believe the only reason why it's such a big deal at this point is because the strip is black on all the phones, no matter the color. So it lends a huge contrast to the look of it, that makes it seem like it's not seamless. If the strips on the Frost, Aluminum, and Gold were white, there wouldn't be such an outcry over there being a "hump".

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

I'm definitely sold on one. My checklist was bigger battery, smaller amoled display (wanted the width of the phone to come down) USB type c. My note 5 will be on swappa as soon as I can get a preorder in haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

M120

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site

If they matched the color of the camera hump to rest of the back it wouldn't be soo bad.

kalookakoo

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

Probably the only thing I'm annoyed about is that the headphone jack is going to be on top. The 5X gets it on the bottom. Lucky ducks..

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

It's similar to the Huawei P8. Judging by the leaks, it's barely visible bump, and nowhere near as outrageous as the pictures leaked a month ago.
https://i.imgur.com/4rOFLeL.jpg

It's just a camera, and Huawei seems to like that style for whatever reason.

I hadn't noticed that the power button is textured until just now. I really love this design. It would've been even better if the rest of the phone were filled out with more battery, but I guess it's already pushing boundaries in terms of weight.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX