Tomorrow's Nexii announcement and leaking in general

Nexuslover27

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much everyone has seen the information leaking out about Google's announcement tomorrow - to the point where there is almost nothing left to announce, at least on the devices front.

Today, I was thinking about the fact that it made me a little uneasy to be lapping up all the information that the fine folks at Google have no doubt worked really hard to protect over the past year (at least). If I worked on something like that, I'd want to be the one announcing it.

On the other hand, the leaks (and the subsequent extra time that I've had to process all that information) have swung my vote from the 5X to the 6P! A month ago, I was hoping for a new and improved Nexus 5, and without all the early information, I would have gone into tomorrow ready to buy it. Of course, Google's announcement would probably have changed my mind anyway, but a $500-$600 phone is not an impulse buy, and it's entirely possible that by the time I decided, the phone would be out of stock for a while (given their record with this kind of release), and Google might have lost a customer. I feel like there's a lot more people going into tomorrow absolutely ready to buy the phone of their choice instead of "we'll have to wait and see how it is". Maybe that part is good for Google/Huawei/LG?

To be clear, I'm not condoning the leaks in any way, just putting my thoughts out there. Would love to know what you all think!

Alex_NJ

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
1) It's usually Google who leak them purposefully to build hype

2) Google makes $billions every day, I think they'll be alright

Nexuslover27

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I understand that most companies (including Google) leak information occasionally, but I doubt Google would leak it to this extent. Sure, they'll be alright - their business does not hinge on the sale of Nexus devices, but I still think it is something worth talking about, since leaking seems to be a general trend before most announcements, not just Google's.

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Pretty much everyone has seen the information leaking out about Google's announcement tomorrow - to the point where there is almost nothing left to announce, at least on the devices front.

Today, I was thinking about the fact that it made me a little uneasy to be lapping up all the information that the fine folks at Google have no doubt worked really hard to protect over the past year (at least). If I worked on something like that, I'd want to be the one announcing it.

On the other hand, the leaks (and the subsequent extra time that I've had to process all that information) have swung my vote from the 5X to the 6P! A month ago, I was hoping for a new and improved Nexus 5, and without all the early information, I would have gone into tomorrow ready to buy it. Of course, Google's announcement would probably have changed my mind anyway, but a $500-$600 phone is not an impulse buy, and it's entirely possible that by the time I decided, the phone would be out of stock for a while (given their record with this kind of release), and Google might have lost a customer. I feel like there's a lot more people going into tomorrow absolutely ready to buy the phone of their choice instead of "we'll have to wait and see how it is". Maybe that part is good for Google/Huawei/LG?

To be clear, I'm not condoning the leaks in any way, just putting my thoughts out there. Would love to know what you all think!

Google leaks that info, don't feel sorry for em!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12