Nexus 6P: Various Hands-On Reports

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat but took the plunge and ordered a 6P Graphite 64g. Will either rock both or sell the N5.
Yeah, I'm gonna give it another week and then will either pull the trigger or hold fast..........

Sent from Da Beast, AKA, The classy white, Galaxy Note 5

djohnb2012

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
How did the black M7 hold up over time? Did the paint come off easily?

Posted via the Android Central App

I have two bars on the back where bare metal is visible because the back of the phone isn't flat so it rocks when placed on a table or any other hard surface. Also, because the phone is two and half years old, all the random scratches and dings show bare metal. I'm not sure if this would be the case with the graphite 6P. I'm hoping not.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I use both platforms. In my experience, it's not that the apps are better, but a lot of them do seem to update faster on IOS. I have apps that I use on both systems, and some will update to a newer, nicer-looking & performing UI on IOS faster as IOS updates. On Android, the same apps takes months to update. Once it updates, it works just as good on Android.

The material design of Android is a major change and I noticed a lot of apps still haven't caught up. IOS 7 was a major UI change but not as much as Android.

I have a password app that tooks months to update in Android. Now the app utilizes the fingerprint scanner. I have the Note 5 and this same app has yet to update and allow me to use the fingerprint scanner. Now that this functionality is built into Android 6.0, hopefully apps will update faster to support it.

IMO the android material design standards make the apple design philosophy look like a joke, it's night and day. As you stated though we're always at the mercy of the developer to make that happen.

I think you will have way more luck with the fingerprint scanner in the future. That's the double edged sword of Samsung doing their own thing and getting ahead of stock android.

scottmc129

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
It's not paint, it's anodized aluminum. Similar to adding more coats of paint not all anodized aluminum products are the same.

If they are truly anodized, which is just an oxidized coating, its very thin on a microscopic level and will indeed show more than the ( aluminum) color if its natural aluminum and not anodized. Anything anodized for color will scratch like crazy if not carful. best bet to go natural color and should show less than the black or white.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
High resolution video showing all three side by side.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQYz-dqKLsk
Haven't ordered yet and I'm still stuck between the aluminum and graphite. I have the note 5 now but for some reason the 6p looks a lot bigger in the hand. Gotta find a size comparison between the two. Anyone know where I can find a size chart to compare the Note 5 and Nexus 6P?

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
Haven't ordered yet and I'm still stuck between the aluminum and graphite. I have the note 5 now but for some reason the 6p looks a lot bigger in the hand. Gotta find a size comparison between the two. Anyone know where I can find a size chart to compare the Note 5 and Nexus 6P?

Just go here: http://www.phonearena.com/phones/size

You can compare many different sized phones including the 6p and Note 5.

Posted via Android Central App

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Wish they would have trimmed the bezels down some. Could have made a 5.7" device in a size similar or smaller to the g4.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Gonna wait for reviews. Like everything so far, camera seems good for a change, isn't nexus 6 wide which will make easier to hold. Now to see battery and if the 810 has heat issues like with other devices.

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I hope the "hype is real" equals a better than average camera and the battery last a day and half.

Attachments

• 1444552615015.jpg
    1444552615015.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol