The Nexus 6P Camera - Preliminary by DxOMark

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Chart mine, data theirs:

2015-09-29.png

DxOMark puts Nexus 6P in 2nd place, beats G4 with same scores - SlashGear

It has unfinished software, so a final review when it is released may update this further. Bottom line - this isn't a slouch.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Very promising news.

Camera has long been one of the major complaints about the Nexus phone line and it seems like Google has well and truly addressed those concerns.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Do you think the camera will be good without OIS?

Posted via the Android Central App
Google is saying that their more light method eliminated the need for longer shutter periods during quick lowlight shots. So the claim is, yes. Obviously that's going to be tested.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

Alex98

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
12.3 MP camera for 40k!!!! My old Z1 has 20.7 mp camera and Nexus 6 has 13 mp

Opinion of a Geek

Yeah and both are sub-par cameras.

MP doesn't matter for image quality and, in facts, if more pixels means smaller photocytes, it's preferable to have less of them (to a certain extent).

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
the list doesn't include the note 5/s6 edge plus or the iPhone 6s/6s plus but the fact that it scores similarly to the g4 is promising

That's because the S6, S6 edge, Note 5, and S6 edge+ all use the exact same camera setup. There is no difference between them. The iPhones have slightly different setups (the 6+ has OIS while the 6 does not) and that is why it is listed twice.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
That's because the S6, S6 edge, Note 5, and S6 edge+ all use the exact same camera setup. There is no difference between them. The iPhones have slightly different setups (the 6+ has OIS while the 6 does not) and that is why it is listed twice.

He's talking about 6s and 6s plus. The cameras on those are better than their predecessors. I'd be curious how they score on dxo

dusoccer10

Jan 30, 2012
Visit site
He's talking about 6s and 6s plus. The cameras on those are better than their predecessors. I'd be curious how they score on dxo

He also asked about the Note 5 and S6 edge+ which is why I posted the way I did.

I do agree with you in that it will be interesting to see where the new iPhones stack up.

Alex98

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
He also asked about the Note 5 and S6 edge+ which is why I posted the way I did.

I do agree with you in that it will be interesting to see where the new iPhones stack up.

According to various reviews, they produces similar results than the S6 and G4 so they will certainly scored pretty well.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Google is saying that their more light method eliminated the need for longer shutter periods during quick lowlight shots. So the claim is, yes. Obviously that's going to be tested.

sent via Nexus Assassin Edition. Gonfaloniere.

My guess is that OIS in regular pictures isn't a problem, but it'll be more noticeable in video shots.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary