Usb-c cables?

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Potentially silly question... Will using the type C to type C "fast charge" be problematic for daily use? Is it the case that you use the fast charge occasionally or its just a cool feature that is part of the typical charging process?
Use it everyday, doesn't hurt battery

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

a429n315

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Whatsthe car charger situation going to be? There are some type c car chargers on amazon, but they dont look like they will have the fast charge... is that a waiting game as well since the technology is relatively new?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Whatsthe car charger situation going to be? There are some type c car chargers on amazon, but they dont look like they will have the fast charge... is that a waiting game as well since the technology is relatively new?

lot of questions surrounding usb-c/quick charge ... I put in a request for AC to write an article and help us out.

sent from a Nexus fanboy on his "buttery smooth" and "vanilla" Nexus 6

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
From what I've read, if u use type c to type c cable on a 3 amp charger, that's considered fast charging on the 6p. That's what the stock charger outputs for 6p

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
From what I've read, if u use type c to type c cable on a 3 amp charger, that's considered fast charging on the 6p. That's what the stock charger outputs for 6p

I'm really hoping we get some clarification here soon. I think your right, but AC just posted that OP2 article and didn't even mention quick charge compatibility. I emailed Andrew so hopefully he'll know.

Ogobbo

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Don't you only need a fast charge 2.0 block? Even if it's usb type a to usb type c. So the oneplus cables would quick charge?

Posted via the Android Central App

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Don't you only need a fast charge 2.0 block? Even if it's usb type a to usb type c. So the oneplus cables would quick charge?

No. The cables don't support 3 amp, only type c to type c does. Go to r/nexus6p and read the faq

Last edited:

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
one thing I'm curious about. I have no experience with usb-c, but I've read how much better and faster 3.1 is than 2.0. Google claims we'll get 7 hours battery life in just 10 minutes. if that's true, I wonder how much better 3.1 actually is ... 7 hours in 10 minutes seems incredible. I've been yapping about battery life for a solid 2 years, but that would seriously alleviate most of my concerns. especially if I can do that on an external charger when need be.

Adamd1169

May 20, 2010
Visit site
one thing I'm curious about. I have no experience with usb-c, but I've read how much better and faster 3.1 is than 2.0. Google claims we'll get 7 hours battery life in just 10 minutes. if that's true, I wonder how much better 3.1 actually is ... 7 hours in 10 minutes seems incredible. I've been yapping about battery life for a solid 2 years, but that would seriously alleviate most of my concerns. especially if I can do that on an external charger when need be.

Pretty sure the 3.1 has faster transfer speeds. As in data. But I don't think it is necessarily faster for charging.

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I too would like an AC article on this subject.

I'd like to get a couple of extra cables (and ideally not pay the premium for ordering through Google for their official cables) before the phone actually arrives.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought some cables from Google, in the end amazon or whatever would have came to around the same price. 2 cables were 24 bucks. Not too bad.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

jasoraso

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Amazon has this car charger with a direct USB c cable. Would this work for fast Charging? I didn't check the specs.
USB Type C Car Charger https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00YBLM1F...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4737504
Not a bad price about $15.

It looks like that charger has a maximum output of 2.1 amps; the 6P can accept up to 3 amps I think. So it will charge phone faster than a 1amp charger, but not as fast as possible. I think we might need to wait a bit longer for the 3amp USB C chargers :(

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12