Usb-c cables?

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Anyone find any cheap usb-c to standard A cables? I need a few more to use with my turbo chargers around the house. I have found a bunch for 10-12 bucks but surely I can get a pack of 5 for 10-15 bucks or something

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Anyone find any cheap usb-c to standard A cables? I need a few more to use with my turbo chargers around the house. I have found a bunch for 10-12 bucks but surely I can get a pack of 5 for 10-15 bucks or something

Amazon has 4 packs for 20 bucks. I don't have the link, but if you just search for USB Type C cables you will find them.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

gquiring

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is the USB-C cable a version 3.1? I'm looking at a few on eBay and just want to make sure I am ordering the right thing.

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Is the USB-C cable a version 3.1? I'm looking at a few on eBay and just want to make sure I am ordering the right thing.
3.1 will work fine but it the new nexus only support up to 2.0, so the 3.1 cables will just be future proof for you. Go for it if they are as cheap as the type c 2.0 cables

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
just make sure not to buy knock off or cheap ones on eBay or something. Could pose a fire hazard if they are poorly made. Take a look at Amazon or Monoprice and make sure to look at the reviews.

killabee44

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Guys,
What do you all think about these USB 3.1 Type-C Male to Micro USB Female Adapters? With these we can keep the cables we have now.
Do you think the phone will still quick charge at full voltage though? That is my main concern. I guess we won't know until we test them. Here is a pic of one.
type c male to female micro usb.jpg

I have one of those charger doctor digital usb devices that shows you the voltage and amps, but it will only show between the charger and the cable. It'll just depend on how fast the turbo charge works.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Oneplus has theirs available today, and they have other usb-c accessories on their site like chargers and micro usb to usb-c adapters. I bought one cable ($6 how could I not, plus it looks really slick), and an adapter that stick on your keychain so you can pull the converter off when you need it. Pretty handy actually!

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Oneplus has theirs available today, and they have other usb-c accessories on their site like chargers and micro usb to usb-c adapters. I bought one cable ($6 how could I not, plus it looks really slick), and an adapter that stick on your keychain so you can pull the converter off when you need it. Pretty handy actually!
Are those USB a to USB c?

a429n315

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Are there specific chargers that will do the fast charge? Will the 6p come with that particular charger? My guess is that any compatible USB C will achieve the "fast charge" and you dont need a specific charger.

I think the oneplus cables are a good deal even if the chargers wont do quick charge.

kregstrong

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Are there specific chargers that will do the fast charge? Will the 6p come with that particular charger? My guess is that any compatible USB C will achieve the "fast charge" and you dont need a specific charger.

I think the oneplus cables are a good deal even if the chargers wont do quick charge.
6p will, only with a type c to type c cable can it charge that fast. U would need a 3amp charger. Hard to find right now cause its so new. But the 6p will come with one

a429n315

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Potentially silly question... Will using the type C to type C "fast charge" be problematic for daily use? Is it the case that you use the fast charge occasionally or its just a cool feature that is part of the typical charging process?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084