Fingerprint storage

Javai43

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
have you wondered how many fingers can be stored to unlock the nexus 6p. I say this because the OnePlus 2 can store up to 5 fingers. I often pickup the phone with the left hand and the right hand

.. thanks

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
have you wondered how many fingers can be stored to unlock the nexus 6p. I say this because the OnePlus 2 can store up to 5 fingers. I often pickup the phone with the left hand and the right hand
.. thanks
Actually, no. Haven't thought about that. According to Google's AMA the other day, fingerprints are stored locally and not sent anywhere else (Cloud). I wonder how many it will store.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
You can add more than one user, right? So, I'm guessing that each user can have one fingerprint stored.... so I guess the question might be how many users can you have on one phone?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
You can add more than one user, right? So, I'm guessing that each user can have one fingerprint stored.... so I guess the question might be how many users can you have on one phone?

That's not at all answering the original question. I'm pretty sure no one wants to setup up 20 users, 1 for each finger and toe.

The answer is 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_f46v8TVHE

I don't think Samsung or Apple limited to 1 finger per user either.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That's not at all answering the original question. I'm pretty sure no one wants to setup up 20 users, 1 for each finger and toe.

The answer is 5

I don't think Samsung or Apple limited to 1 finger per user either.

I'm glad you had an answer, but as I said "I'm guessing..." and "so I guess... ", and the real answer is 5 per user account if I heard the video correctly.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm glad you had an answer, but as I said "I'm guessing..." and "so I guess... ", and the real answer is 5 per user account if I heard the video correctly.

Did anyone mention users? I said 5 and that was the answer to the original question.

I guess you're thinking how many fingerprints can the phone hold total, i.e. the maximum number of users android allows multiplied by 5. If you find out let us know but again that wasn't the point of the thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair