Would you buy the 5x if the 6p didn't exist?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not 100% either way, and I'm curious what everyone thinks. I know I wouldn't preorder it. I think I'd most likely hang on to my Nexus 6, and worry about replacing my S4 next year. If the reviews on the 5x were great, maybe I'd get it down the road, I might even grab another 6, or check our the new BlackBerry. I really don't know .... glad we don't have to make that decision though!

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'd probably get the 5X. Always liked the feel of the 5, but I'm on vzw and could never get it.
I pre-ordered the 6P, but am still undecided whether to get the 5X and compare.
What color do you like the best?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably get the 5X. Always liked the feel of the 5, but I'm on vzw and could never get it.
I pre-ordered the 6P, but am still undecided whether to get the 5X and compare.
What color do you like the best?

the 6p I got graphite, and I'd get black on the 5x. don't mind the white but hate the panda look. I'd consider a different color if the front was white to. and that mint color is brutal IMO, definitely not a fan!

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I got both because like what the big screen brings to the table but at the same time like the feel of the smaller device. Will end up keeping both !!!

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

AaronTV

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
I'd stick with my Nexus 6. As it is I ordered a 64gb Frost 6p and am looking forward to the fingerprint sensor, camera, and battery upgrades. Nexus 6 has been my favorite phone to this date, though.

Posted via the Android Central App (Shield Tablet)

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm not 100% either way, and I'm curious what everyone thinks. I know I wouldn't preorder it. I think I'd most likely hang on to my Nexus 6, and worry about replacing my S4 next year. If the reviews on the 5x were great, maybe I'd get it down the road, I might even grab another 6, or check our the new BlackBerry. I really don't know .... glad we don't have to make that decision though!

I am going on two years with my N5 and the N5X is not a huge enough upgrade for me to leave my N5.

I am upgrading to N6p in hopes of battery life on par with Note series.

Last edited:

theotherlinh

Apr 21, 2011
theotherlinh.com
Coming from a N4 (with a short stint on the G4, and now on a 2015 Moto G), I would get the 5X if the 6P didn't exist. The only concern I have is battery life as my Moto has spoiled me (at least, compared to my N4, and even the G4 a bit).

However, I'm on the fence as I feel I prefer the 5X. I've always felt that after the N4, I might as well go big since everything is less comfortable one handed. But using the Moto G for a while, it's not so bad. But the larger screen is quite nice. And a $70 difference (32GB version) is not much for what you get. That huge battery is tempting, but I'm afraid it may not mean anything w/ the 1440p screen (but then, relieved it's supposedly "latest" gen...).

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Screen is too small for me 5.5 is smallest I'd use now, would have got the Moto Style / Pure I think.

Posted via the Android Central App

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
I'd stick with my Nexus 6. As it is I ordered a 64gb Frost 6p and am looking forward to the fingerprint sensor, camera, and battery upgrades. Nexus 6 has been my favorite phone to this date, though.

Saved me some typing. That's exactly me too!

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site

Same here. I'd stick with my nexus 6 if there wasn't the 6p.

Posted via the Android Central App

VoltaicShock

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
If they had only released the 5X I would have got the Moto X Pure Edition. As of right now though it is a toss up between the Nexus 6P and the Moto X Pure Edition.

Sophos

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I preordered the 6p, but if there had just been the 5x I would have ordered it....I might still, depending on if I can adapt to the size of the 6p.

I play with my food

chowdog13

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Coming from an HTC One M8 I would have bought whatever Nexus Google launched, certainly the 5X. I miss my Nexus 4........