05-19-2016 03:13 AM
122 1234 ...
tools
    i'm tempted to do the same. Was afraid at first that it would mean getting my phone much later but hard to tell what is going on with shipping.

Originally ordered black b/c of the bar too but the contrast is looking pretty good now.
    I felt a bit the same way, but I'm sticking with my graphite choice. The aluminium does look nice with the chrome beveled edges and the contrasting black bar, but I still find the black bar a bit unsightly. I'm sticking with the graphite look. Clean, solid; can't go wrong with black.
    10-04-2015 10:47 PM
    I felt a bit the same way, but I'm sticking with my graphite choice. The aluminium does look nice with the chrome beveled edges and the contrasting black bar, but I still find the black bar a bit unsightly. I'm sticking with the graphite look. Clean, solid; can't go wrong with black.
    yeah i guess it's a gamble either way really since we're ordering without seeing them
    10-04-2015 11:35 PM
    Which do folks think will hide scuffs and scratches better? Seems aluminum might be best for that. But I've not owned metal phones before. Thoughts?
    I saw in videos the black picking up fingerprints like crazy. My all metal HTC one M8 doesn't show any fingerprints, but any slight scratch shows up like BAM on the metal back because of the way the light hits it. I'm thinking white will hide regular fingerprints (though not dirty ones like covered in cheeto dust), and probably small scratches because it's not highly reflective.
    10-04-2015 11:56 PM
    I saw in videos the black picking up fingerprints like crazy. My all metal HTC one M8 doesn't show any fingerprints, but any slight scratch shows up like BAM on the metal back because of the way the light hits it. I'm thinking white will hide regular fingerprints (though not dirty ones like covered in cheeto dust), and probably small scratches because it's not highly reflective.
    'Cheeto dust" LOL

Leaning toward the white one.
    10-05-2015 01:28 AM
    Black definitly
    10-05-2015 01:47 AM
    Preordered 64GB graphite, then canceled and ordered 64GB aluminum!
    10-05-2015 03:23 AM
    Frost, it looks the best to me, the backs is great and the edges stand out.

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-05-2015 06:51 AM
    I ordered aluminum. I would have never considered graphite because of fingerprints but if I could have gotten the frost in 32GB I would have considered it. I just didn't think it was so much better than the aluminum to justify spending $50 more for storage I don't need.
    Same. I wondered if Frost was supposed to be seen as the standout one, but they used the Aluminium for all the promotional stuff.
    10-05-2015 08:23 AM
    Still undecided. Planned on getting graphite but the edges didn't seem to reflect and shine as much as the aluminium and white (which I liked) so I'm leaning towards aluminum now. I'll admit that the white seems to look nice in the shots but typically I own dark phones so the aluminum is a good middle ground.

10-05-2015 09:56 AM
    Ordered the 32gb Aluminium. Have the dark blue N6 right now and want to go with something metal for my first all metal phone. Desperately waiting. Now I just need to decide which case I'm going to get.

10-05-2015 10:00 AM
    I'll go for Graphite 64GB
    Then the back black bar gets less attention
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-06-2015 03:14 AM
    I ordered frost white. Looks stunning, sexy and matches my car color
    10-06-2015 04:28 AM
    White, i always go for the white devices. Looks cleaner and sexy lol
    10-06-2015 10:53 AM
    Aluminum for me. I'm sick of Black devices, and my N5 is/was white, so Aluminum is a bit different.
    10-06-2015 11:23 AM
    I ordered aluminum. I was torn between it and frost, but I had to make an instant decision when the page went live, so I just went for it. I like the graphite one too, but I love the contrast between the back of the phone and the black sensor bar. The shiny edges on the aluminum one look fantastic.
    10-06-2015 12:24 PM
    I choose black but that aluminum is growing on me

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Beware of bauxite miners!
    10-06-2015 02:23 PM
    I got 64gb frost... I just wish the front bezel had the color to match.

The graphite called my name at first, but after I saw pics and video post-announcement I changed my mind.
    10-06-2015 03:03 PM
    Does anyone know (or have a good understanding of) how the Frost and Graphite are colored? Meaning, the phone is aluminum so how is the Frost and Graphite color attached/infused/ on the phone.

The reason I ask is that I like the Graphite color but my concern is that its Graphite color only on the surface so one scratch (or drop) will reveal aluminum underneath and be extremely visible (due to Graphite just being the color on the surface).

Anyone?
    10-07-2015 01:31 PM
    Does anyone know (or have a good understanding of) how the Frost and Graphite are colored? Meaning, the phone is aluminum so how is the Frost and Graphite color attached/infused/ on the phone.

The reason I ask is that I like the Graphite color but my concern is that its Graphite color only on the surface so one scratch (or drop) will reveal aluminum underneath and be extremely visible (due to Graphite just being the color on the surface).

Anyone?
    If you look at the full specs of the phone you'll see "Material Anodized aluminum". This is very common and yes if you scratch the phone deep enough you will see it.
    10-07-2015 01:40 PM
    If you look at the full specs of the phone you'll see "Material Anodized aluminum". This is very common and yes if you scratch the phone deep enough you will see it.
    So going with Aluminum then will minimize the aluminum showing through on a scratch or do you think it would just as visible as the Aluminum color is just a color on top of Anodized aluminum and would show equally as much? Thanks.
    10-07-2015 02:00 PM
    So going with Aluminum then will minimize the aluminum showing through on a scratch or do you think it would just as visible as the Aluminum color is just a color on top of Anodized aluminum and would show equally as much? Thanks.
    I think going aluminum is a safer bet that graphite or even frost. Think of the color as a dye.

I'm sure people will post a lot of pictures when the phone comes out and we'll see for sure. For what it's worth I strongly considered the aluminum option but went graphite myself.
    K_O likes this.
    10-07-2015 02:16 PM
    I preordered graphite but after looking at the photos of the phones more carefully I decided to cancel that order and switched to aluminum, I also added the protection plan.

10-07-2015 08:52 PM
    I preordered graphite but after looking at the photos of the phones more carefully I decided to cancel that order and switched to aluminum, I also added the protection plan.

I was very close to doing the same but so far sticking with the graphite. This is the first time I've ever second guessed myself on a phone color option.
    10-07-2015 08:56 PM
    I was very close to doing the same but so far sticking with the graphite. This is the first time I've ever second guessed myself on a phone color option.
    It was a close call for me. The desire to get the protection plan was the key factor. It can't be added so I had to cancel and reorder. But for the protection plan I wouldn't have bothered.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
    10-07-2015 09:02 PM
    Frost 64gb for me. Seems like frost is the underdog here. Graphite didn't strike me and my current phone (m8) is aluminum. Frost is something different

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    10-07-2015 11:10 PM
122 1234 ...