What color did you choose and why?

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Which do folks think will hide scuffs and scratches better? Seems aluminum might be best for that. But I've not owned metal phones before. Thoughts?

Lepa79

Apr 5, 2015
Visit site
Which do folks think will hide scuffs and scratches better? Seems aluminum might be best for that. But I've not owned metal phones before. Thoughts?

I have had white note 4 before and that's worked wonders hiding scratches on the back and sides. Loved how classy it also looked. I got frost white 6P :)

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

I remember the dark gunmetal htc one showing scratches like a champ. That's one of the reasons I said no to that. I'm thinking with metal, the aluminum would be best at hiding it but maybe white too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I chose Frost because I have been envious and missed out on the white Galaxy Nexus and HTC One X. I always wanted a phone in white but when white Nexus 5 came I did quite like the "Storm Trooper" look. I think 6P in white looks great. Unfortunately I really want the 6P Special Edition that's gold in Japan. I am not will to hope or wait for it to come to the US.

yeah I would've grabbed that gold version too ... not a fan of gold phones in general, but that one is striking. oh well

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
i'm tempted to do the same. Was afraid at first that it would mean getting my phone much later but hard to tell what is going on with shipping.

Originally ordered black b/c of the bar too but the contrast is looking pretty good now.

I felt a bit the same way, but I'm sticking with my graphite choice. The aluminium does look nice with the chrome beveled edges and the contrasting black bar, but I still find the black bar a bit unsightly. I'm sticking with the graphite look. Clean, solid; can't go wrong with black.

lostfan0

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I felt a bit the same way, but I'm sticking with my graphite choice. The aluminium does look nice with the chrome beveled edges and the contrasting black bar, but I still find the black bar a bit unsightly. I'm sticking with the graphite look. Clean, solid; can't go wrong with black.

yeah i guess it's a gamble either way really since we're ordering without seeing them

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site

I saw in videos the black picking up fingerprints like crazy. My all metal HTC one M8 doesn't show any fingerprints, but any slight scratch shows up like BAM on the metal back because of the way the light hits it. I'm thinking white will hide regular fingerprints (though not dirty ones like covered in cheeto dust), and probably small scratches because it's not highly reflective.

exempli_gratia

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I saw in videos the black picking up fingerprints like crazy. My all metal HTC one M8 doesn't show any fingerprints, but any slight scratch shows up like BAM on the metal back because of the way the light hits it. I'm thinking white will hide regular fingerprints (though not dirty ones like covered in cheeto dust), and probably small scratches because it's not highly reflective.

'Cheeto dust" LOL

Leaning toward the white one.

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Frost, it looks the best to me, the backs is great and the edges stand out.

Posted via the Android Central App

Kaido

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I ordered aluminum. I would have never considered graphite because of fingerprints but if I could have gotten the frost in 32GB I would have considered it. I just didn't think it was so much better than the aluminum to justify spending $50 more for storage I don't need.

Same. I wondered if Frost was supposed to be seen as the standout one, but they used the Aluminium for all the promotional stuff.

dswatson83

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Still undecided. Planned on getting graphite but the edges didn't seem to reflect and shine as much as the aluminium and white (which I liked) so I'm leaning towards aluminum now. I'll admit that the white seems to look nice in the shots but typically I own dark phones so the aluminum is a good middle ground.

spawndoodling

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Ordered the 32gb Aluminium. Have the dark blue N6 right now and want to go with something metal for my first all metal phone. Desperately waiting. Now I just need to decide which case I'm going to get.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I ordered aluminum. I was torn between it and frost, but I had to make an instant decision when the page went live, so I just went for it. I like the graphite one too, but I love the contrast between the back of the phone and the black sensor bar. The shiny edges on the aluminum one look fantastic.