Is 7.3mm the thickness of the thickest part?

dankev

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I assume that the 7.3mm thickness refers to the thicker top band. Is this correct? Does anyone know what thickness the rest of the phone is?

Apologies if this has already been discussed.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I believe that's the thickness of the body since that's the overwhelming majority of the phone, and it's the part you hold, hence why thickness even matters. I don't think there's been any talk of exactly how much the top part pokes out in terms of mm, but my guess is not much :)

Alex98

Sep 11, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure that you can do that. At least in Europe, I think it's considered like false advertising and you have to make clear the dimension of the thickest part.

vzwuser76

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Looking at the pictures of the device, it's not like the camera hump is going to be meaningfully thicker than the body though. If I had to guess, if 7.3mm is the body measurement, then the hump is probably 7.5-7.8mm. Is .2 or .5mm that big of a deal? A half a mm on the high side? If anything, the camera protrusion on the 5x looks like it sticks out further from the main body than the 6p's does.

dflores

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am under the impression that all manufacturers list the maximum dimensions of the phones. As others have mentioned, the main body is likely only half a millimeter thinner.

I_Am_Incredible

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I am under the impression that all manufacturers list the maximum dimensions of the phones. As others have mentioned, the main body is likely only half a millimeter thinner.

All manufacturers list the slimmest dimensions of the body. Nobody counts the camera hump for example, as a part of that.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
All manufacturers list the slimmest dimensions of the body. Nobody counts the camera hump for example, as a part of that.

Yes they all list the slimmest, but some also list the thickest. Moto X 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gen all list the the thickest part of the phone along with the thinnest.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer