RAM question

CelestialDesire

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I am just curious if 3gs of ram will be a good amount for a couple years? I don't plan on having another phone for a while after this one, as I am barely upgrading from my Nexus 4. I'm curious because I see other phones shipping with 4 gigs of ram. Do I need to worry or will it ever be too little in the time coming? Cheers.

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I am just curious if 3gs of ram will be a good amount for a couple years? I don't plan on having another phone for a while after this one, as I am barely upgrading from my Nexus 4. I'm curious because I see other phones shipping with 4 gigs of ram. Do I need to worry or will it ever be too little in the time coming? Cheers.

I don't think we have anything to worry about since the 5X is only going to have 2G RAM. I might be a little concerned for the 5X, but either way we are only talking about stock ROM.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
My original moto X has two gigabytes of RAM and a much less powerful processor. It runs smooth as silk and fast and snappy as ever even after two full years of use. Stock Android is a breeze with two gigabytes of RAM. Most other phones need those extra gigabytes of RAM because of their skins that are on top of Android which are not optimized like stock Android is. From the few videos that I have seen of the 5 X, it is very fast and snappy.

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Yes, all the replies above. There are desktop machines in operation today that still use no more than 2gb of RAM. I wouldn't worry too much about your phone not having more than 3. Phones really shouldn't need more than 2gb for a good long while, depending on what the OEM's put on them.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci