Frost is now out of stock

xengrav

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Google store now shows Frost as out of stock (both 64gb and 128gb). It now has a waitlist in place. Based on the polls Frost appears to be the least popular, so this is strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nexuslover27

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Google store now shows Frost as out of stock (both 32gb and 128gb). It now has a waitlist in place. Based on the polls Frost appears to be the least popular, so this is strange.

32GB was never available, in my experience. I bought the Frost 6P almost as soon as it went live and the only options were 64 & 128.

Also, pretty sure they must've had an appropriate amount of each color in stock, based on demand estimation.

Posted via Android Central App

PhiPsi32

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Either Google ordered fewer in this color, demand was higher than expected, or there was a problem with delivery from factory (i.e. they ordered 40k units but only 20k delivered).

Nexuslover27

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Google store now shows Frost as out of stock (both 32gb and 128gb). It now has a waitlist in place. Based on the polls Frost appears to be the least popular, so this is strange.

In any case, you can try the Huawei store if you don't want to wait. You probably still won't get the phone anytime before November, but at least you won't have to wait till Google has it back in stock.

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
This makes me so glad I decided to preorder my 64gb frost yesterday instead of waiting a week like I was planning on doing.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

RoadTripHD

May 24, 2015
Visit site

Let the ebay gouging begin! Ugh.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
In any case, you can try the Huawei store if you don't want to wait. You probably still won't get the phone anytime before November, but at least you won't have to wait till Google has it back in stock.

Just fyi, the Huawei online store doesn't sell the frost color, only aluminum and graphite.

asnigro

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I too noticed a 32GB of Frost was not available when I was pre-ordering right after the presser. I wasnt sure if just sold out that fast or they werent available.

trimfast

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why it would be the least popular. I love the panda look, or storm trooper. 64GB Frost 6P is what I pre order, as well as 32GB 5X. Just need to pick one now.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I changed from aluminum to frost 128gb a few days ago. I've noticed on the forums that other people were changing to the frost also, so maybe popularity is picking up. I 'm glad I changed when I did.

bpe4

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I also changed from a 64gb Aluminum to a 64gb Frost around 7 days ago. Personally, I think people are going through the hands-on videos and seeing how more premium the frost/metal looks versus the other 2. The aluminum looks a bit too much like the iphones and HTC One's. The graphite is more subdued... sort of hides the aesthetics.

htowngator

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
I also changed from a 64gb Aluminum to a 64gb Frost around 7 days ago. Personally, I think people are going through the hands-on videos and seeing how more premium the frost/metal looks versus the other 2. The aluminum looks a bit too much like the iphones and HTC One's. The graphite is more subdued... sort of hides the aesthetics.

yea the Aluminum version looks a lot like the HTC One to me

The frost looked unique and premium.

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
At the moment it looks like all variants of the 64 and 128 memory units are sold out. Only the 32gb ones still available. I hope this sends a clear message that people want more memory.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I was really excited about the aluminum at first, but the more I rewatched the short hands-on videos, the frost really looked nice to me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15