How is the battery on the Nexus 6p?

A

AC Question

How is the battery on the Nexus 6p

How well does the battery on the Nexus 6p perform? What is a typical charge get you?

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: How is the battery on the Nexus 6p

No one knows since, you know, the device isn't out yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Can I offer a suggestion to the OP? Instead of posting separate threads for each question you have, you could post all of your questions in a single thread. This way, all of your questions have a better chance of being answered at once. Or, you could just Google your answers?

Titan206

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Can I offer a suggestion to the OP? Instead of posting separate threads for each question you have, you could post all of your questions in a single thread. This way, all of your questions have a better chance of being answered at once. Or, you could just Google your answers?

I was informed by a moderator that this isn't a real account. Rather, it's a way for non-members to submit questions in the forum.

In my opinion, it's clogging up the threads with redundant questions that are easily answerable elsewhere if the submitter looked on their own. I don't believe this is adding value to the forum.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I was informed by a moderator that this isn't a real account. Rather, it's a way for non-members to submit questions in the forum.

In my opinion, it's clogging up the threads with redundant questions that are easily answerable elsewhere if the submitter looked on their own. I don't believe this is adding value to the forum.

You mean with all the hard hitting questions like size of the battery and other easily Googled specification threads? Yeah, it's a bit silly with some of these guest account questions in here.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site

I think some review units are out in the wild... Just based on some comments I've seen today.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site

A lot of these questions can be answered by looking at the Nexus 6P specs and other questions cannot be answered yet because its not release to the public yet.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Agreed. I think that instead they should just have one stickied FAQ post that addresses the most common questions (once we get more concrete answers when the phone is released).

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site

Why even allow the feature if they're only asking questions they could type into Google? If they're not questions with spec sheet answers, they're questions no one can answer because no one has the phone yet.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
There are thousands of questions submitted and many are not quite this simple. The Ask a Question feature has been around for a long time and many users have registered and become members of the site after us answering their questions. So I cannot say for sure exactly how much value is being added by this feature, I do know for sure that absolutely no value is being added to the forums by a bunch of members telling the OP that their question is stupid. Generally at Android Central we like to go with a "help if you can, move on if you can't" philosophy.

CarbonOak

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
There are thousands of questions submitted and many are not quite this simple. The Ask a Question feature has been around for a long time and many users have registered and become members of the site after us answering their questions. So I cannot say for sure exactly how much value is being added by this feature, I do know for sure that absolutely no value is being added to the forums by a bunch of members telling the OP that their question is stupid. Generally at Android Central we like to go with a "help if you can, move on if you can't" philosophy.

I can understand the usefulness of the feature in some situations. Battery life is subjective and it's definitely useful to facilitate the discussion of how each person consumes battery, so others can get a bigger picture of it.

But in other cases where the answer is objective and straightforward (e.g. specifications of the phone, where to buy, carriers supported, etc), why not have a stickied FAQ post at the top that addresses these?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I can understand the usefulness of the feature in some situations. Battery life is subjective and it's definitely useful to facilitate the discussion of how each person consumes battery, so others can get a bigger picture of it.

But in other cases where the answer is objective and straightforward (e.g. specifications of the phone, where to buy, carriers supported, etc), why not have a stickied FAQ post at the top that addresses these?

Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. Ask A Question allows users to ask about any device or app or whatever and any thread can have a post detailing summary information added as a sticky.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

Yeah but when you come to the forums and there is literally in the timeline a stream of questions one after the other about the nexus 6p, it feels like someone trolling then actually wanting answers. Will wifi work? Is the camera good? How big is the battery? What colors can I choose? I came yesterday and I just kept seeing these one after another. At first I was going to answer but than when I saw so many it felt like someone was clearly pulling the chain and didn't want a real answer. Definitely frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but when you come to the forums and there is literally in the timeline a stream of questions one after the other about the nexus 6p, it feels like someone trolling then actually wanting answers. Will wifi work? Is the camera good? How big is the battery? What colors can I choose? I came yesterday and I just kept seeing these one after another. At first I was going to answer but then when I saw so many it felt like someone was clearly pulling the chain and didn't want a real answer. Definitely frustrating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I definitely agree with you here. We try our best to find these patterns and encourage the user to register so we can have a conversation or to put all of those questions in one post.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon