Fast charging speed

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
At this rate, I think the fast/quick charging speeds are sufficient for the quick plug in times. The increase in efficiency seems to be small as far as a couple minutes less for the newer QC technology. It's nice to see that since everything is moving to internal batteries. Just wondering if my Anker 16,000mAh battery pack will also adapt to this tech. Really like that company.

Jared Mayfield

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
At this rate, I think the fast/quick charging speeds are sufficient for the quick plug in times. The increase in efficiency seems to be small as far as a couple minutes less for the newer QC technology. It's nice to see that since everything is moving to internal batteries. Just wondering if my Anker 16,000mAh battery pack will also adapt to this tech. Really like that company.

Aukey make a nice battery pack that has built-in quick charge 2.0.

Posted via the Android Central App

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Aukey make a nice battery pack that has built-in quick charge 2.0.

So does Anker, but I haven't seen a confirmation of supporting a Fast Charge (which is different than Qualcomm's Quick Charge). Anker has their IQ smart sensing charging though, so it may be able to detect the Fast Charge tech. I emailed them so we'll see what they say. I'd really like a USB Type C input to an external battery pack.

Jared Mayfield

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
So does Anker, but I haven't seen a confirmation of supporting a Fast Charge (which is different than Qualcomm's Quick Charge). Anker has their IQ smart sensing charging though, so it may be able to detect the Fast Charge tech. I emailed them so we'll see what they say. I'd really like a USB Type C input to an external battery pack.

Yeah that would be pretty nice, keep us posted here on what you find. Kinda annoying that my quick charge accessories aren't going to be compatible with the 6P.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
The fast charge appears, at first glance, to not really be anything super special, all it is is charging the phone at 3A instead of 2.1 that you see on most tablet type chargers.

And really, the math lines up perfectly with Google's claim of 0 to 100 in 97 minutes with the "fast charging" The battery is 3450mah, or 3.45 Amp hours. if the charger is even 75% efficient that means it'll charge about 2250ma in an hour, and at that rate yea, it'll take 95-100 minutes to charge 0-100. There'll be some variance, i.e. it'll probably charge closer to 100% efficiency at the start, then below 75% when the battery is closer to full, but doing simple math it's easy to get at those numbers.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Fast charging has been around for a couple of years. Have any negatives emerged? For example, is it rough on batteries and thus shortens their lives? Does charging take longer as the battery ages?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1