I've got a Nexus 6P here, lets get some questions going!

Sifu

May 23, 2011
Visit site
I guess I will ask a simple one. I'm an owner of last year's Nexus 6. Currently loving that phone. Is there enough of a difference in the 6P to warrant an upgrade? I'm not a big camera person... mostly just taking quick shots here and there... nothing serious. I mostly care about smooth performance as I crunch through apps and games, and good sound quality. I feel I am getting that with the current 6, but wanted to know what the 6P brings to improve performance, if anything noticeable at all.
Thanks.

d2thec

Sep 5, 2015
Visit site
On the whole, my impression of the photos is that in good conditions (nice light, daylight) the clarity and detail can't match the Note 5 / S6 but indoors and in low light it is much more noise free. Is that an accurate summation (if a bit oversimplified)

Harrison Carr

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a Oneplus one, should i get this or the 32gb nexus 6 from last year for $350? What's the biggest advantages of the 6p over the 6? Thanks!

Posted via the Android Central App

Schwacker

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Sifu -- I'll be curious to see how he responds to your question for with the price dropping on the N6, I am tempted to get the lower priced N6.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
How are you finding cellular/data signal reception inside large buildings?

How is the voice call quality?

If you've used headphones with music, how was it?

Any general quirks so far that you've been disappointed with?

Rileycat

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Really interested in how quickly it will charge with a Type-c Cable plugged into an aftermarket Qualcomm Quickcharge charger such as the Anker models sold on amazon. Actually an article explaining googles "FAST" charging vs the Qualcom Quickcharge 2.0/3.0 would be appreciated including charge time differences with aftermarket chargers vs Google supplied chargers.

I recommend using an app such as AMPERE to measure the current in mA using both chargers. It will give us a quick example of power draw while charging. (as an example, my NEXUS 5 using an Anker 40W desk charger - non quickcharge- will initially draw about 800mA then taper down during the charging cycle. More complete testing over longer periods of time with multiple chargers and cables including car chargers (quickcharge 2.0 please) will give us consumers an idea of how our current chargers will work with the new NEXUS 6P or if we are beholden to the Google Store to buy extra chargers if we want "Fast" charging

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Have you used Android pay yet? If so, how does it work in conjunction with the Nexus 6P's fingerprint scanner?

mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
You may not be privy to this info. Any idea of when Google plans to start shipping beyond the info on Play Store account pages? Hoping for earlier shipping.

kcoan3

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Can you take some selfies so we can see the front camera quality? I have a new baby that loves taking pictures with my old lg g2

And can you take a picture of the notification light so we can see brightness and location? (I think it has one!) :)

rawpower87

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey Russell, I bought mine from Huawei's website instead of the Google play store because they were out of the 64gb black one do you know if I will be able to get their protection plan? Also what about that $50 credit?

Z3 compact

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34