I've got a Nexus 6P here, lets get some questions going!

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
nexus-6p-stump.jpg

A wild Nexus 6P appears!

I've been using this for a couple of days now, which means it is time to try answering a few of your questions. We've already done a hands-on, and this morning we published some of our camera samples, but there's still a lot more about this phone we can talk about before the review is published.

You all know what to do. Fire away and I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible.

mystiphi

May 26, 2011
Visit site
The camera shots look great. What are your first impressions of the battery life? Also, how feasible is one-handed use compared to other large phones?

siniux

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
Hi there! Thank you for doing this. Couple of questions:
How's the max brightness, compared with, say, a Nexus 6?
Guess it's too soon for battery questions but... How's the standby battery life while in the pocket?

StooieP

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
I'm waiting for my 6p to be delivered on the 27th. It's the first nexus phone I've ever had due to having Samsung have I made the right choice because I'm using note3 at the minute and really like it. Thanks. Stu.

Posted via the Android Central App

RaiderX29

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
1. Would you call the graphite more grey or black? Photos have been deceiving based on lighting.

2. If this was your personal phone, what color would you have chosen?

3. Did you get one of the microfiber cases for the 6P to use with the phone? Interested in thoughts on it.

4. How cool would an ice blue Nexus 6P have been?

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I know its early but I would like to know about battery life

Posted via the Android Central App

I've used it on Verizon so far, and it's been great. Gets me through a day, but I've only had it for two so far. It's probably close to the G4 if I had to compare it, but I'm not ready to say anything definitive.

Tombadog1

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site
View attachment 202054

A wild Nexus 6P appears!

I've been using this for a couple of days now, which means it is time to try answering a few of your questions. We've already done a hands-on, and this morning we published some of our camera samples, but there's still a lot more about this phone we can talk about before the review is published.

You all know what to do. Fire away and I will do my best to answer as many questions as possible.

How is the battery life?

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
1. Would you call the graphite more grey or black? Photos have been deceiving based on lighting.

2. If this was your personal phone, what color would you have chosen?

3. Did you get one of the microfiber cases for the 6P to use with the phone? Interested in thoughts on it.

4. How cool would an ice blue Nexus 6P have been?

Black indoors, grey in daylight. I probably would have gone for the silver. I did get one of the furry cases, will have more to talk about in the next few days.

Ice blue Nexus 6P would have been amazing. I'd have put down money immediately.

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
What are the charging speeds like with the type c to type a cable and a QC 2.0 charger?

Sent from my SM-G530H using Tapatalk

It's plenty fast with the included cable. Easily just as fast as QC 2. I'm going to do some testing with other cables and existing power adapters to see how it holds up.

gtownie

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I make fun of folks all the time for the size of the bezels on the iPhone 6s (and plus) especially when compared to my trusty old G3. I've got a aluminum 6p on order and am curious what you think of the bezels when in hand. Are they huge? Eyesore? I know they double as speakers, so there is at least some utility there.

Thanks!

racerdude2483

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Does the graphite model have the shiny diamond cut edges like the lighter colors? There haven't been very good angles in available pictures of it thus far.

Russell Holly

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I make fun of folks all the time for the size of the bezels on the iPhone 6s (and plus) especially when compared to my trusty old G3. I've got a aluminum 6p on order and am curious what you think of the bezels when in hand. Are they huge? Eyesore? I know they double as speakers, so there is at least some utility there.

Thanks!

The bezels are fine. It's not nearly as noticeable as you'll find on many other phones.

sepffuzzball

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Have you been able to put the fingerprint reader through any testing? If so, what are your thoughts on performance and reliability? This is actually one of the features I look forward to most, I'm tired of typing in passcodes!

I also second the screen brightness questions!

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc