Nexus 6P: show us your home screen set up.

TrekkieMonster

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Quick question: my G2 will let me select a wallpaper image that is larger than a single screen, and then the wall paper will scroll when I swipe to different screens. Just wondering whether this is a setting that Marshmallow offers.

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am coming from an N5 and the home screen icons were spaced well - four (4) across. The N6P has five (5) across and it seems a bit crowded. Is there a way to control the spacing of the icons? I would like the N6P's home screen to emulate the N5 home screen.

TIA...JL

Not without a 3rd party launcher or root.

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am coming from an N5 and the home screen icons were spaced well - four (4) across. The N6P has five (5) across and it seems a bit crowded. Is there a way to control the spacing of the icons? I would like the N6P's home screen to emulate the N5 home screen.

TIA...JL

Most launchers will allow you to adjust the grid size

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
00c0d8f2e94ed705a95ba346c50d87e6.jpg

4fdbcd757d982fc91be38c3d3afaf7cb.jpg

Here's my setup. I like to keep as much accessible on one screen as possible. Love this phone so far!

nygiants519

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Spent most of the night setting up, gaming home screen. Each button has a purpose.

Destiny App for the three characters up top. Music block is Play Music, Mage is Fantasy Sports, Ghosts are Contacts, Tecmo Football Player is ESPN, snes contoller is Play Store, Treasure Chest is Drive, Lakitu Mario Kart is Maps, Coin is Mint, Ocarina is Phone. Clock is clock and calendar is calendar obviously.

Background is 8 bit hardwood mario, was pretty fun!

c340MYy.jpg

By the way that's the Zooper Widget for the Calendar. I grabbed the pro edition for like $2. It's really useful for making your own icons, moving text around, giving different parts of a text field different links, etc. I could play with it alllllll day. Still playing with it, may remove the Calendar and rework all the text now that I've got the icons made how I like them. May add a few more icons gaming related.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Any way to remove the Google Search bar? It's not in the menu like Motorola had

Attachments

• 1446614418360.jpg
    1446614418360.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 189

jojoe42

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
I'm new to the platform coming from Windows Phone so this will probably change...but I have 2 main screens, one for looking at and one for being more practical xD

Attachments

• 1446619147247.jpg
    1446619147247.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 185
  • 1446619163436.jpg
    1446619163436.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 183

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Spent most of the night setting up, gaming home screen. Each button has a purpose.

Destiny App for the three characters up top. Music block is Play Music, Mage is Fantasy Sports, Ghosts are Contacts, Tecmo Football Player is ESPN, snes contoller is Play Store, Treasure Chest is Drive, Lakitu Mario Kart is Maps, Coin is Mint, Ocarina is Phone. Clock is clock and calendar is calendar obviously.

Background is 8 bit hardwood mario, was pretty fun!

View attachment 204460

By the way that's the Zooper Widget for the Calendar. I grabbed the pro edition for like $2. It's really useful for making your own icons, moving text around, giving different parts of a text field different links, etc. I could play with it alllllll day. Still playing with it, may remove the Calendar and rework all the text now that I've got the icons made how I like them. May add a few more icons gaming related.

I NEED to know what icon pack you have for those game characters.

Sturm Rider

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure and had a question for those who have disabled the Google search bar. Does OK Google still work from the lock screen or do you have to launch Google to get the voice commands to work.

When I am driving if I come to a congested spot many times on my Droid Turbo I just launch navigation with the command to navigate to work. I do not have to interact at all in any other way with the phone. I am just curious as to whether this will work with the 6P if the Google search bar is disabled.

Thank you for your input.

nygiants519

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I NEED to know what icon pack you have for those game characters.

I actually made them myself. If you want I can send them to you or you can make them yourself with some free web based tools.

1. Find image on Google Search with solid (or transparent) background: best search terms are Sprite, 8-Bit, 16-Bit and Icon
2. Open image in Pixlr Editor (free browser based image editor)
3. Use Wand Tool to select the background (should highlight everything but the sprite)
4. Select Edit: Invert Selection (now just your sprite should be highlighted)
5. Copy
6. Create new image with options "Create Image from Clipboard" and "Transparent" enabled
7. Save image as PNG (Transparent, full quality)
8. Create 1x1 (or whatever) Zooper Widget and create from blank
9. Set background to full transparent (have to go to the color wheel, it defaults at like 75% transparent)
10. Add element Bitmap (last one in list)
11. Add your picture, scale correctly (this is the nice part the image can be whatever size and you can scale it up or down)
12. Back out to widget options (you were just in element options) and chose an app for it to link to

You're done! Takes about 5 minutes per icon once you get in a groove. Took me about 20 minutes to figure out the first one. If you can find an image that already has a transparent background all the better, you can skip the whole Pixlr part. If you want to upload any images you've found I can do it real quick for you as well.

CincyGuy

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I am not sure and had a question for those who have disabled the Google search bar. Does OK Google still work from the lock screen or do you have to launch Google to get the voice commands to work.

When I am driving if I come to a congested spot many times on my Droid Turbo I just launch navigation with the command to navigate to work. I do not have to interact at all in any other way with the phone. I am just curious as to whether this will work with the 6P if the Google search bar is disabled.

Thank you for your input.

I removed the google search bar after installing Nova launcher on my 6- and noticed the "ok google" wasn't working. Don't know if this was shut off from the beginning, when I installed Nova, when I removed the search bar, or what. Anyway, go into your phone settings -->Google-->Search & Now -->Voice-->OK Google Detection. Yeah, it is buried.

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
I actually made them myself. If you want I can send them to you or you can make them yourself with some free web based tools.

1. Find image on Google Search with solid (or transparent) background: best search terms are Sprite, 8-Bit, 16-Bit and Icon
2. Open image in Pixlr Editor (free browser based image editor)
3. Use Wand Tool to select the background (should highlight everything but the sprite)
4. Select Edit: Invert Selection (now just your sprite should be highlighted)
5. Copy
6. Create new image with options "Create Image from Clipboard" and "Transparent" enabled
7. Save image as PNG (Transparent, full quality)
8. Create 1x1 (or whatever) Zooper Widget and create from blank
9. Set background to full transparent (have to go to the color wheel, it defaults at like 75% transparent)
10. Add element Bitmap (last one in list)
11. Add your picture, scale correctly (this is the nice part the image can be whatever size and you can scale it up or down)
12. Back out to widget options (you were just in element options) and chose an app for it to link to

You're done! Takes about 5 minutes per icon once you get in a groove. Took me about 20 minutes to figure out the first one. If you can find an image that already has a transparent background all the better, you can skip the whole Pixlr part. If you want to upload any images you've found I can do it real quick for you as well.

Thank you very much! That will be my weekend project as my 6P is scheduled for delivery on Friday. :D

SRFast

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi. Is there way to center the wallpaper downloaded from AC? The logos and image on the wallpaper is always skewed to one side.

TIA.....JL

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance